Another 6.7 goes ELITE...

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Well, I am at a significant point in time where I can finally anticipate (rather than speculate on) a definite date to finish the rest of my project build! Having said that, I am starting my detailed project thread!!

The short story: Last April I purchased my very first PSD; a 2011 F-250 6.7 CCSB in Tuxedo Black, Ultimate Lariat package. Before I even signed for the truck I had every intention to do a “Powermax conversion”, and I was actually on the phone with Elite Diesel Engineering discussing the details on my drive down to get the truck, lol! Aside from planning to purchase the VGT mount kit and full piping/tubing from EDE, I decided about a month after I signed for the truck to start with the many popular performance modifications that 6.7 owners typically perform on their trucks. With the help of one very willing and dedicated buddy, we began the installs about a year ago starting with the basic modifications; full stainless exhaust, tuning, intake, tint, etc.

Fast forward to this April, a year of PSA following and research has passed , and I find myself finally sealing deals that will complete a big order next month that will make up the rest of this build. I will be working toward finalizing all of the details and I hope to have new information available to you all on this thread just as soon as it comes! A HUGE advanced “thank you” to Elite Diesel Engineering, Morgan (THE TRUCK GOD), Gearhead, No Limit, Josh, and a few others for all of the countless hours on the phone and routine emails that provided me with great customer service and awesome help!

For now, I will post details of the entire build and progress photos from stock until about a week ago:thumbsup:

CMCx2012

Reaction score
The truck sitting at the lot waiting for me to pickup, stock as a rock basically.. I ordered minor mods about a week after taking delivery. In the rest of these photos you will see the HID 55w fogs from Retro Solutions (great kit), custom Ford emblems, rain guards, platinum grille, and other little odds and ends.

Attachments

• IMG_1248.JPG
    IMG_1248.JPG
    371.9 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_1874.jpg
    IMG_1874.jpg
    665.3 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_1875.jpg
    IMG_1875.jpg
    638.8 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_1924.JPG
    IMG_1924.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 402
  • IMG_1925.JPG
    IMG_1925.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 352

CMCx2012

Reaction score
A lot has been going on and I haven't been able to really update the thread with anything too exciting, but I have been making progress in some areas of the build... The exterior/interior is almost done as far as color-matching and some small detailing here and there. I have been working to finalize orders for an EDE VGT kit, 3794, and most of the suspension parts, and then I can finally coordinate the install and tunes! Mind you all, I am doing this from 5 states away on a TDY...

One more time- a HUGE thank you to Nate over at Elite Diesel Engineering, Morgan (THE TRUCK GOD), Gearhead, No Limit Fabrication, SmokinStroker’, Josh @ TDC, Jared @ RCD, and a few others for all of the countless hours on the phone and routine emails that provided me with great customer service and the right parts for the build!

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
A lot has been going on and I haven't been able to really update the thread with anything too exciting, but I have been making progress in some areas of the build... The exterior/interior is almost done as far as color-matching and some small detailing here and there. I have been working to finalize orders for an EDE VGT kit, 3794, and most of the suspension parts, and then I can finally coordinate the install and tunes! Mind you all, I am doing this from 5 states away on a TDY...

One more time- a HUGE thank you to Nate over at Elite Diesel Engineering, Morgan (THE TRUCK GOD), Gearhead, No Limit Fabrication, SmokinStroker’, Josh @ TDC, Jared @ RCD, and a few others for all of the countless hours on the phone and routine emails that provided me with great customer service and the right parts for the build!

If you are worried about he wait on the turbo kit. I have 3 complete Elite VGT Kits on the shelf ready to ship!

sootie

Reaction score
its all about budget...

nothing wrong with either supplier. i personally run pmf and have no complaints.

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Just got my mirror lenses and third brake light "hydro tinted". Pretty awesome process with flawless results and I was told that the finish will last quite a long time! The customer chooses the shade of tinting for the lamps and they are ready within 2 days :)

I do not know of anyone else who has this done to their lenses on Long Island..

Attachments

• IMG_7954.JPG
    IMG_7954.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_7960.JPG
    IMG_7960.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_7959.JPG
    IMG_7959.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_7955.JPG
    IMG_7955.JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 238

CMCx2012

Reaction score
UPDATE...

Upon speaking routinely with Matt (Gearhead), Morgan Y. (The man), Nate (Elite), Gary, Dan Seitler (the field tester), and a combination of SmokinStroker (Chris) and Josh (The Diesel Cartel), my plans for this build have pretty much been finalized! Everyone has been so knowledgeable and great to work with and we have decided that a setup identical to what Gary Fulton has on his truck would be best suited for what I plan to do with my truck and for overall satisfaction and longevity. I am still placing the orders for everything, but I will update with news and photos as they become available.

The decision is to go with the same 3794 with a 68mm billet wheel that Gary now has, along with the EDE HPFP, EDE 30% nozzles, and hopefully a nice T-shirt and a decal ;)
No Limit Fabrication EGR delete w/ bypass and then later an intercooler! (Thanks to Dan, and Mike as well)
Carli Back Country 2.5" level system- Full Deaver spring upgrade- Carli high-mount steering stabilizer- Front diff guard
OUO Long gusset traction bars.
Warn Premium Black powdercaoted manual hubs and DYNATRAC ball joints.
Tuning exclusively by Matt over at Gearhead.

I really have to hand it to Gary and all of the others for the vision that they have had for his truck. The whole process was flawless and very inspiring, and it seems to be the only 3794-gone-right for quite sometime! I think it is safe to say that I too had equal visions for my own build- I guess that I will just have the "brother truck" to his that lives in NY, and I can use it to wake up all of the PSD guys here on Long Island! LOL

Last edited:

CMCx2012

Reaction score
I got a great deal on the two as part of a package that I really couldn't resist. When I say "great" I mean great enough to spend the money now instead of later.

Probably wont ever have a deal like that again...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I got a great deal on the two as part of a package that I really couldn't resist. When I say "great" I mean great enough to spend the money now instead of later.

Probably wont ever have a deal like that again...
id just save them till the oem parts chit the bed.. thats understood though.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online