Blue smoke at idle and strong diesel smell from exhaust

Rgentes

Reaction score
Hello,
I've tried searching but can't seem to find exactly what my truck is doing. A history on the truck first. It's an 07 ccsb f250 with 103,000mi on the clock. Put an MBRP 4" Coolant filter and EGR ****** on it about 2 years ago. Then about a year ago and only 5,000 miles i had head gaskets, studs, oil cooler, stc fitting coolant flush and refill with elc, and all 8 new intectors put in (all done by River City Diesel). My turbo boots were leaking to I put in Mishimoto boots about 3 months ago.

Now to the problem. About 6 months ago it starting to haze a little bit out the exhaust with some light bluish whit smoke and smelled like fuel. It would burn your eyes but would go away pretty quick. I didn't think much about it since it was winter I just contributed it to that. Then about 2 months ago it started getting really bad. I'm talking fogging up the garage is about 2 seconds so I back it out realy quick and let it idle for a little bit and it just fogs down the block. Once it warms up real good it's still there but not nearly as noticeable. Today I had some time to work on it and I took of the EGR block of plate on the front of the intake and it's wet. But it's oil mixed with carbon wet. And there is some cleaner oil sitting in some places. Took off my intake Elbow and it's clean there but wet with oil and the cold side tube has oil sitting in it. Last I'm down about a 1/4 of the way on the dipstick in about 3,000 miles. Other than that the truck runs strong, no missing hessitation, or coolant loss. No codes, all numbers numbers are right where they need to be. Has anyone else ran into something like this? Seems like it could be turbo seals but the exhaust side is dry as a bone.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to get all the details out there.

Thanks, Ryan

Rgentes

Reaction score
Just an update. I found a procedure to take out the ICP and put an air fitting in. According to the how to videos it's should just hold what ever pressure I put on other wise there is a leak in the hpo system correct? If that's the case then I put about 20 psi on it and can hear air coming out of the oil fill. Then I took the air filter off and aired it back up again. Same thing. about 20 psi and can hear air leaking. I'm guessing I need to fix that first. What should be my next step?

Thanks,
Ryan

bismic

Reaction score
You need to command the IPR closed or the air will bleed off through the IPR.

You are better off with higher air pressure - say around 100 psig.