Another 6.7 goes ELITE...

MrMike2010

Reaction score
I'd love to come check this thing out when it's all said and done. I've had the 6.7 itch for sometime now but love the power of my tuned 6.4 with lp turbo upgrade.

CMCx2012

Reaction score
That's what I am hoping man! I am gonna represent Gary's truck and all of the companies that I ordered from to build it for the whole Northeast to see, lol :)

CMCx2012

Reaction score
***UPDATE***

Well, after lots of work out of state and basically remote contact with the companies and vendors that are selling me these parts, I am ready for the build to start.

First and foremost, a HUGE thank you for the patience and will to work with me being out of state and in/out of delays to: Matt (Gearhead), Josh (Diesel Cartel), Chris (Smokin Stroker), Mike (NO LIMIT FABRICATION), Nathannial (EDE), Dallas (H&S), Gary (gfulton), Dan Seitler, and the many members of this board that have shared in their experiences. Every one of these guys have been amazingly helpful and some have actually become new friends, and let me also say that each has been THE AUTHORITY in all that I need! With the exception of Josh/Nate receiving the official finalized order, I am good and ready to start the build!

I have decided to hand the detail of assembling this whole VGT/turbo kit to someone with experience and knowledge. Thanks to how awesome Matt from Gearhead is all around, I was referred to the business of an kick-ass diesel head in PA that is willing to install the entire VGT/turbo setup and the HS dual pump setups! The ownder/operator Kyle over at Precision is doing the install if you all want to know, and let me just say that this man knows the PSD performance business well. One call and you will know what I am talking about. After what I thought would be just a 20 minute introduction, brief synopsis of what I have going on, and then some prices, we covered that in-depth and then basically talked and talked for about an hour! I am 100% comfortable with Kyle doing everything and I will be shipping my truck to him from Long Island just as soon as someone points me out to Mr. Corbin to help out with that ;)

To say the absolute least, I am feeling much of the excitement and anxiety now, but I am nowhere near the end just yet! Stay tuned :)

PS- Nathannial!! CALL ME FOR THAT AUTHORIZATION!!! Put that welder down, lol. I have been trying to call ya!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I must say, the last few weeks talking to you about this build and possible options has been pretty fun. I enjoy seeing people with so much enthusiasm for the sport doing builds like this. You are a prime example of someone that is more than willing to put in the time and effort to research the many possibilities out there. We need more blood in the industry like yours my friend.

I can't wait to see how all of this comes together!

CMCx2012

Reaction score
The pleasure has been all mine. :thumbsup:

It is truly a rewarding experience knowing that I will get the utmost in quality pieces AND the customer service that I receive FOR ANY REASON will always be 5 stars, out of this world! You will always have my recommendation.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I must say, the last few weeks talking to you about this build and possible options has been pretty fun. I enjoy seeing people with so much enthusiasm for the sport doing builds like this. You are a prime example of someone that is more than willing to put in the time and effort to research the many possibilities out there. We need more blood in the industry like yours my friend.

I can't wait to see how all of this comes together!

absolutely chris is high strung in a good way !

CMCx2012

Reaction score
So far...

Chris (Smokin Stroker) has been the first big buy for me, and rightfully so he saved me a boat load of $$ by steering me away from suspension components that I really did not need for what this truck will be used for. Chris is the source when it comes to experience and expertise in suspensions for our trucks! He really hooked me up with a nice packaged deal consisting of the following: complete FOX/Carli Back Country 2.5 level kit w/ FULL Deaver springs; OUO Tracs from RCD (thanks JR); the new WARN premium powder coated hubs; and a kick ass customer service above all! The order, service, and shipping were all flawless. As I type this, the parts are already on a pallet back home in NY waiting for the shop to install them :)

Matt @ Gearhead has really stepped up to show me some killer customer service as well as his own personal expertise on some future firearms mods/purchases (its a work thing, lol). Matt is a high caliber guy and he has really gone above and beyond as a friend and vendor by talking for hours and offering a great deal of insight. He has written some modified tunes to the ones that he provided Gary, as you all know we are running the same combos but I do not have the 40% nozzles. Mike from NO LIMIT put together an awesome MCC/GH Tunes package for me because he is just the best of the West! Thanks to you both and I look forward to future business!!

Morgan Y. has been a god send. There has not been one single moment when I felt bad sacrificing time with friends or work just to talk to him, because when he is free to talk he clears up every issue and/or answers each and every question so that you are on the right track. Whenever he speaks, everyone listens and no one doubts anything that he has to say. I am beyond blessed to have had his attention and input and I look forward to continuing to deal with him as the build goes on :)

Josh @ Diesel Cartel has also been very patient with me. I recommend this man for virtually ANYTHING you will need for your PSD. I got hooked up with Josh late in the game, but he has been another awesome force to deal with. From indecisiveness in which Rigid lights to use to the superb quality of his custom brackets, and whatever else I added to my cart just as we were near finalized on a would be order - I thank you! Your patience is greater than a kindergarten teacher :)

Nathannial @ EDE. Well, what can I say? He is the man! You get what you pay for and even though it is a bit of a wait, there is not one other firm that I would want to use at the heart of this build. Nate probably works 200 hours a week but he is the man with every answer and honestly I don't think the guy ever says "No". Lol. Nathannial is currently fabbing my turbo, VGT kit, and hopefully I get that t-shirt too ;)

Gary is just flat out awesome to shoot the **** with! I call Gary when I have a question about something on his truck, and I also call for mentoring and advice - and when I call I get nothing short of a true stand-up guy. I wish him the best of luck with that awesome truck and it is just nice to know that I get a clone of that monster to show Long Island just who the PSA is!

Dallas @ H&S has been the showstopper on more than one occasion. Dallas puts ALL of his customers first, no question, and even potential customers are left with a 110% positive feeling of assurance in quality and excellence. Dallas makes sure that your questions and concerns have been answered and addressed thoroughly. Sure way to business when it comes to $4000+ in fuel pumps, I'll say!

I didn't leave anyone else out intentionally. There is more to come, I am just tired now :)

Last edited:

CMCx2012

Reaction score
I forgot to make an advanced notification of a couple parts that will become available for sale within the next few weeks/month as we start the build..

My OEM turbo and supporting accessories, EGR and accessories, an S&B intake (oiled unit with 7 months of use), DPF complete, and some other pieces will be up for grabs. Whatever else that I didn't list here that would come off the truck when we do the HS dual HP/LP pump setups, VGT kit, full Carli level kit with spring upgrade, and turbo upgrade will be available for sale. The condition of these parts will be used, obviously, and the parts all have no issues at the time of removal.

Offers that are serious will be considered, so with that being said, is there anyone that needs something?

Last edited:

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Truck is going to be killer buddy! Just glad I could answer your questions and get you setup with something you won't have to touch again. This truck will leave you smiling everyday for sure!

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
***UPDATE***

Well, after lots of work out of state and basically remote contact with the companies and vendors that are selling me these parts, I am ready for the build to start.

First and foremost, a HUGE thank you for the patience and will to work with me being out of state and in/out of delays to: Matt (Gearhead), Josh (Diesel Cartel), Chris (Smokin Stroker), Mike (NO LIMIT FABRICATION), Nathannial (EDE), Dallas (H&S), Gary (gfulton), Dan Seitler, and the many members of this board that have shared in their experiences. Every one of these guys have been amazingly helpful and some have actually become new friends, and let me also say that each has been THE AUTHORITY in all that I need! With the exception of Josh/Nate receiving the official finalized order, I am good and ready to start the build!

I have decided to hand the detail of assembling this whole VGT/turbo kit to someone with experience and knowledge. Thanks to how awesome Matt from Gearhead is all around, I was referred to the business of an kick-ass diesel head in PA that is willing to install the entire VGT/turbo setup and the HS dual pump setups! The ownder/operator Kyle over at Precision is doing the install if you all want to know, and let me just say that this man knows the PSD performance business well. One call and you will know what I am talking about. After what I thought would be just a 20 minute introduction, brief synopsis of what I have going on, and then some prices, we covered that in-depth and then basically talked and talked for about an hour! I am 100% comfortable with Kyle doing everything and I will be shipping my truck to him from Long Island just as soon as someone points me out to Mr. Corbin to help out with that ;)

To say the absolute least, I am feeling much of the excitement and anxiety now, but I am nowhere near the end just yet! Stay tuned :)

PS- Nathannial!! CALL ME FOR THAT AUTHORIZATION!!! Put that welder down, lol. I have been trying to call ya!

Glad to be apart of your build. Gorgeous truck by the way, and should run as good as it looks!!!

CMCx2012

Reaction score
The post above (thanks Kyle) is from the mechanic out of PA that I was referring to in my previous post. Great guy and I totally recommend a call to him for any of your install needs and/or to get the REAL DEAL answers pertaining to anything diesel with no bull****!!!

At this point, with some significant changes to this build as a result of some news that I received today, I just hope to God that the ENTIRE build still comes together the way that I had hoped...

Last edited:

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Not yet, Gary. I just need to know all of the facts and I would also like to extend one last bit of consideration to make things right.

My finances are good and my health is good, so it is not anything serious in those aspects. It is a completely different issue, and "the ball is now in the other court" covers it best...

Last edited:

CMCx2012

Reaction score
J, everything has been pretty much cleared up. The other party has assured me that we are on schedule, and they also stated that the components will be built and shipped as promised and that I should have EVERYTHING by August 01.
::Fingers crossed::

Other than that, my leveling springs have been sent over for powder coating (color shown in picture) along with some other goodies, and once the turbo is built and shipped we will send the housing to also be coated. Prismatic is a great company and they make a very high quality product!

I look forward to some real progress within a month.

Happy 4J to the entire Army!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.