LED HEADLIGHT HARNESS

HuntTx777

Reaction score
Do any of the LED conversion harnesses being sold offer full function with the auto control? I ordered my headlights now I'm just trying to decide what route I am going to go on the install.

HuntTx777

Reaction score
I installed mine last night but I did not tap into the EGR wire for the DRL feature. I will get around to it but as of now if my switch is set on auto my low beams will flash "strobe" I'm wondering if there are any forscan changes I could make that would allow me to bypass tapping into the EGR and have auto function with DRL??

sootie

Reaction score
I installed mine last night but I did not tap into the EGR wire for the DRL feature. I will get around to it but as of now if my switch is set on auto my low beams will flash "strobe" I'm wondering if there are any forscan changes I could make that would allow me to bypass tapping into the EGR and have auto function with DRL??

Just to clarify, is it doing the strobe flash on strictly DRL? or if you switch the headlights to the low beam setting does it do it as well.

HuntTx777

Reaction score
Just while on the DRL in auto mode. I also had hyper flash with the blinkers which I wasn't expecting but I remedied that with Forscan.

sootie

Reaction score
Just while on the DRL in auto mode. I also had hyper flash with the blinkers which I wasn't expecting but I remedied that with Forscan.

So if you turn the headlight switch to on, you have no issue? In that case, go into forscan and make the DRLs full low beam.

HuntTx777

Reaction score
C bars should be set as DRL as build led correct? Wouldn't I need to find a way to change them to stand alone DRL?

sootie

Reaction score
C bars should be set as DRL as build led correct? Wouldn't I need to find a way to change them to stand alone DRL?

I overlooked that-ignore what i said. Have you tried getting as built data from a truck equipped with them from the factory and importing that to see how it does?

HuntTx777

Reaction score
I have not yet. Long story short I ordered this harness from Retrocustomz after being reassured I wound get a fully functioning harness it was shipped wrong. Now I did pay for a non DRL harness but that’s not what I asked for, after going back and forth their only solution is for me to pull them off my truck and ship it back vs them sending a replacement yada yada. If there are any Forscan gurus that may know a solution please feel free to let me know. I did tap into my EGR but now I only have full bright C bars at all Times. I suppose my plan from here is to try and tap into the BCM and run the proper wires to make everything function correctly through Forscan.

For what it’s worth, just my two cents I do not recommend Retrocustomz! I spoke directly with Kevin Duane as he ran my card and did not receive what I was told I would . I will tell you I was not charged the extra $35 but like I told, him why would I hesitate at this point. I asked if he would s me a replacement harness and return the original and got a hard no! Take it with a grain of salt I guess.

Latest posts

Members online