Rad support...good news

iowacornfarmer

Reaction score
$399.95 plus $125 truck freight. Not as reasonable as I thought they would be considering you can buy a rust free one for around that price range and you get OEM quality.

79jasper

Reaction score
$399.95 plus $125 truck freight. Not as reasonable as I thought they would be considering you can buy a rust free one for around that price range and you get OEM quality.
I don't know about that.
The used ones I've seen are usually about $1000.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score

800 shipped into the sate with any rot repaired and coated to to help prevent again. You find any for $400 in perfect shape with a/c provision, let me know.

iowacornfarmer

Reaction score
400+125=525. I have bought rust free radiator supports for under $500 but I agree it's not easy finding local deals. I guarantee it doesn't cost $125 for lmc to ship them it's just there way of making the support look reasonable at $399.95.

Copperhead

Reaction score
I guarantee it doesn't cost $125 for lmc to ship them it's just there way of making the support look reasonable at $399.95.

WELL,.......

I just bought one,......and they're shipped Motor Freight. You can't have ANYTHING shipped this way for under 100 bucks.

I was impressed with how they packaged the support. It looked like it could have survived a 10ft drop w/o any damage.

FWIW,...
I didn't like paying what the $$,....BUT,....It is what it is.

rrchlin

Reaction score
43-2868-T is the part number

mine is rusted out/falling apart. when I got my truck it took about a week to bust the mounts and have my rad fan tear my shroud up. glad I can actually buy one of these now. I don't even see them for sale locally and most of the part outs are for trucks as rusty as mine.

m j

Reaction score
43-2868-T is the part number

mine is rusted out/falling apart. when I got my truck it took about a week to bust the mounts and have my rad fan tear my shroud up. glad I can actually buy one of these now. I don't even see them for sale locally and most of the part outs are for trucks as rusty as mine.

is that LMC's part number? that is all I find on google with that number.
LMC shipping does not work for Canadians so I would rather find it from anywhere else edit - ouch $125 usd for US shipping. this becomes a very pricey part

https://ecat.crosscanadaparts.com/b...5&make=FORD&model=PICKUP_FORD_FULLSIZE(-1996)

part does not appear on our local supplier

Last edited:

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
All I know the LMC ones are NOT as thick as the OEM . They are thinner, their spot weld SUCK and now they are back ordered.

I was in the process of make new Supports last summer I have 5 prototypes but Never had the time to finish them. But then again with LMCs pricing I am sure nobody would want to pay $800-1000 for mine either

CAT35niner

Reaction score
All I know the LMC ones are NOT as thick as the OEM . They are thinner, their spot weld SUCK and now they are back ordered.

I was in the process of make new Supports last summer I have 5 prototypes but Never had the time to finish them. But then again with LMCs pricing I am sure nobody would want to pay $800-1000 for mine either

For quality over junk I would.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
For quality over junk I would.

You are one of the few.

When I used to be able to get them from TX I would weld any cracks(and plate), sandblast and either epoxy prime or POR15 or masterSeries them. I would charge $800

You want to hear about people crying

nlewman

Reaction score
What's a good price for an oem? Around here they are all upwards of 400 that I've seen

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CAT35niner

Reaction score
You are one of the few.

When I used to be able to get them from TX I would weld any cracks(and plate), sandblast and either epoxy prime or POR15 or masterSeries them. I would charge $800

You want to hear about people crying

Lol Then those ppl can go buy a cheapo one. I’d gladly pay $800 for something that will last. Wish I could get one today. I need one before I do body mounts.

Latest posts

Members online