08 f450 6.4 won't rev above 2300rpm

6.4f450

Reaction score
I don't know if it would make a difference but I have had the tuner on there for 4 years and 55,000 miles. Do I need to replace the injectors and lines Also? Would the pump ruin them? And I can't get the fuel water separater open,the lever won't move.

Thanks

sootie

Reaction score
I don't know if it would make a difference but I have had the tuner on there for 4 years and 55,000 miles. Do I need to replace the injectors and lines Also? Would the pump ruin them? And I can't get the fuel water separater open,the lever won't move.

Thanks

if the pump went bad you will need to replace all injectors and lines as well as clean the fuel tank and low pressure return lines to do the job properly.

Although i would be checking the upper fuel filter bowl for sparkles in the bottom etc as you may just have a weak pump or a bad harness and maybe there isnt debris in the system.

Lipka101

Reaction score

Thanks

It may not be the problem but it a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to change tuners than a fuel system.

I had ********** with no real problems for 2+ years. Loaded the tow tune because my head gaskets were bad and it would puke on the bigger tunes. Ran it for 3-4 months and one day when my wife was driving it threw the p0088 and started doing exactly what yours is. I saved up my $ and pulled cab replaced everything but the injectors and studded it at the same time. Fired it up only to have the same thing happening. Loaded my GH hot street with no problems since. I haven't even tried to go back to ********** tunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oldlassie

Reaction score
Had same issue in a 2010. Rail pressure too high. I had to flash back to stock (among other things to rid the Spa - rtan) and loaded a Mini - Maxx. No problems since.

Ford actually widened the band for the P088 and the newest flash will take care of that in many trucks.

6.4f450

Reaction score
Ok so I finally got the money together to fix the truck. Going to pull the cab. I looked in the fuel bowl and there were like 4 little metal chips in the bottom. Does that mean that I need to do the injectors with the pump? If so what are good injectors to get? What else would be needed besides the pump,injectors and the pump install kit to do the job? Thanks in advance for the help.
Brandon

sootie

Reaction score
Ok so I finally got the money together to fix the truck. Going to pull the cab. I looked in the fuel bowl and there were like 4 little metal chips in the bottom. Does that mean that I need to do the injectors with the pump? If so what are good injectors to get? What else would be needed besides the pump,injectors and the pump install kit to do the job? Thanks in advance for the help.
Brandon

If the truck wasnt missing, i would send the injectors out to get cleaned and tested somewhere like RCD or Exergy. If you do have to replace them stick with Ford or Alliant Power.

You really should drain and clean the tank, flush all the lower pressure lines, Clean the fuel cooler, replace the fuel filters and all high pressure lines in addition to what you have mentioned.

VanoFord

Reaction score
Same thing in my truck. No codes. Couldn’t get to rev above 2300. My frp sensor was bad but working within spec, making the truck act like it was in limp mode without going into limp mode

6.4f450

Reaction score
Ok so I got the truck apart Alliant pump will be here today. One up pipe was cracked so I ordered the rudys up pipes. I noticed whe I took the turbos out they have some oil in them and they have some play up and down. Do they need to be rebuilt? Is there a good kit that I can get to do it myself?
Thanks

sootie

Reaction score
axial play is fine, its due to being a journal bearing design. The shaft floats on a film of oil when the engine is running. When there is no oil pressure, that film drains away and you have play.

Its in/out play that is bad.

6.4f450

Reaction score
I checked today the low pressure has axial play and in /out play. The high pressure seems to only have axial play. It doesn't look like the wheels hit the housing. Anybody do the rebuild them selves? Who makes a good kit? Thanks

6.4f450

Reaction score
Also the alliant pump I just got doesn't have the snap ring for the seal behind the drive gear. Should I put the one in off of my stock pump? Thanks

sootie

Reaction score
I checked today the low pressure has axial play and in /out play. The high pressure seems to only have axial play. It doesn't look like the wheels hit the housing. Anybody do the rebuild them selves? Who makes a good kit? Thanks
I have a 85k mile atmo charger with no in/out play for sale in my "garage clean out thread" in the classifieds. Willing to deal....

6.4f450

Reaction score
Got the new pump installed been cleaning and putting the truck back togeather. Took the fuel rails apart cleaned them out. Didn't really see any metal chips in them. Does anyone know what the plugs on the end should be torqued too? Also I have the injectors out and going to send them to rcd. What is the best way to clean out the fuel return in the heads? Thanks

Latest posts