Got new tires now truck bounces at 40mph

LiftedBlackHD

Reaction score
I went from 38 15.5 20 Toyo MT's to 36 15.5 16 mickey thompson Baja mtz's. First couple times I drove the truck it was fine. I then drove it a few weeks later and it hops up and down while driving. I can feel it at all speeds but particularly at about 40mph. I dont think this is the death wobble. The wheel is not shaking side to side.

The old tires wore down more on the inside.

So far all I have done to remedy the situation is change upper and lower ball joints and alignment.

I inspected everything to ensure everything is tight. The only thing I can find loose is the drivers side rear sway bar end link. I tried to tighten it but it won't turn.

It almost feels like the tires have a flat spot.

The wheels and tires came mounted and balanced from National tire and wheel.

My next plan was to get the tires rebalanced.

Would going from 38's to 36's change the driveline angle? Should I take out a couple shims?

Any other ideas?

Thanks

sootie

Reaction score
Driveline angle wouldn't change with a tire swap. Get the tires road force balanced and make sure one or all aren't out of round

Zmann

Reaction score
you would have to call the store you use and ask about the road force

also, make sure your weights are all still in place

many times I have left the tire place only to chuck a few improperly set weights

Last edited:

JRLott

Reaction score
I ended up with one inside the friggin tire once. Found it when I put new pads on very shortly after mounting the tires. I noticed the vibration right away and figured it was the tires. After the weight was removed I was much happier with the tires. Thought I'd screwed up for a bit there.

Ciras

Reaction score
Get the tires road force balanced and make sure one or all aren't out of round

Dis right hurr, mang.

LT tires, oversized and off road varieties in particular, are frequently are out of round.

I purchased one set of Kumhos that required the exchange of 3 tires.

Latest posts

Members online