Cab lights on a switch

97stoker350

Reaction score
So I put the blue led lights in my cab lights and sure enough I got stopped for it. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or any idea how I could put them on a switch to have them direct from the battery that way I can turn them on separate from the headlights?

79jasper

Reaction score
Lol
Otherwise find the brown wire running up one of the a pillars, put a switch inline.
Not much to it, but to do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

97stoker350

Reaction score
Well what I really wanna figure out is if I can make them completely separate and be able to turn them on separate from everything.

ithumpwheniwalk

Reaction score
Well what I really wanna figure out is if I can make them completely separate and be able to turn them on separate from everything.

depends on how hard you want to make it. As said, find the brown wire. hook it to a switch, cap off the other end of the brown wire. run new wire to a hot spot on your fuse block. Attach new wire to other end of switch, and voila. bob's your uncle.

97stoker350

Reaction score
would the fuse block in cab be better so i dont have to fish through the firewall? i think i found the brown wire but I'm a little color blind so wiring is difficult for me

97stoker350

Reaction score
yep found that. did what ithumpwheniwalk said, found the unused spot in my fuse box and plugged power to my switch there then cut the brown wire running up to the lights and hooked to my switch via new wire. my switch also lights up when they are on so i just ran a ground wire under the dash. i still might put a fuse from the fuse box to the switch to be safe.

Jomax

Reaction score
In most jurisdictions, blue lights are strictly for law enforcement. Don't want to get pulled over for impersonating a LEO.

X2. If you really want bluish lights. Just run white led bulbs. Most have a blue tint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strokersace

Reaction score
X2. If you really want bluish lights. Just run white led bulbs. Most have a blue tint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is what I used to do.... Until I was pulled over for it for the bluish light. Was told that anything other than Amber front facing and red rear facing is illegal.

It was in the middle of a snow storm and the LEO was p!ssed. I took his stern (and written) warning seriously and swapped them all out for Amber the next week. Haven't went back and that 8 or so years ago. A crisp Amber LED looks better IMO anyway.

Latest posts

Members online