Going truck shopping.... What do I need to look for???

Jake

Reaction score
Well my 7.3 let me down yesterday, I'm in the middle of building a new shop and house so I gotta have a truck. I'm going to look at some tomorrow at a couple stealerships. There 14's and 15's from what I have read on the 15' I'm trying to stay in that year. Anything specific to look for? This certain one I'm looking at just got traded in, looks pretty much like a stock loaded Platinum dually. Ugg haven't had a truck payment in 15 years.

Thanks guys!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jake

Reaction score
The 15 has 70k miles on it, yeah I know high for a 15, and one of the 14's has 60k on it. Both dealer trade in's, the 15 is "certified.". The 15 is a Platinum, but they say it's Oxford white, which is a no go. I have had Oxford white for the last 20 years. No more. Platinum white will work though. Supposedly all the maintenance has been done at this dealership, as the truck was bought there new, this person just runs them for three years and gets a new one.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
platinum white is not ever oxford. they made a mistake. it is pearl. the 15 or newer haver bigger pump and upgraded turbo. no reason not to get an older one just a heads up

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The 15 has 70k miles on it, yeah I know high for a 15, and one of the 14's has 60k on it. Both dealer trade in's, the 15 is "certified.". The 15 is a Platinum, but they say it's Oxford white, which is a no go. I have had Oxford white for the last 20 years. No more. Platinum white will work though. Supposedly all the maintenance has been done at this dealership, as the truck was bought there new, this person just runs them for three years and gets a new one.

get the 15 and grind them .

Jake

Reaction score
I should have the pre approval first thing in the AM. They have it listed at $44, I'm planning on hammering on them, seems like a bunch of these trucks are popping up as people are picking up 17'+. I might finally move into this century with a truck!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I should have the pre approval first thing in the AM. They have it listed at $44, I'm planning on hammering on them, seems like a bunch of these trucks are popping up as people are picking up 17'+. I might finally move into this century with a truck!

you'll be so happy, thats a massive jump ! good luck buddy !

Jake

Reaction score
It's not helping when my buddy let me use his 17 for the weekend! Thanks again!

Bigr do you still have the aftermarket parts shop? First on the list will be bed cover and tool box.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
It's not helping when my buddy let me use his 17 for the weekend! Thanks again!

Bigr do you still have the aftermarket parts shop? First on the list will be bed cover and tool box.

yep, let me know what you need !

Jake

Reaction score
Got it! Ordered some weather tech mats for the cab and bed, just need to order a box for it now.
a4c2bbce1dadf73287cf5fa0ff6b1690.jpg

Jake

Reaction score
Once I can get it in the budget it could use some new shocks!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Once I can get it in the budget it could use some new shocks!

well, let me know when you're ready, and enjoy the huge step up in vehicle !

Jake

Reaction score
It's been a big difference so far, can actually talk on the phone with it sitting on the center console! What do you recommend for shocks, lots of towing, some off-road but not anything significant. I was thinking the non reservoir fox factory shocks. I'm not going to lift it.

Jake

Reaction score
I think I'm going to get the fox ifp performance, but I'm not totally sure if this truck has a leveling kit on it. I don't think it does.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.