205/30s installed... file questions.

JCart

Reaction score
Hey Fellas,
Finally got the FFD 205/30s installed, running stock HPOP for now. Question regarding program files. Have a number of files loaded and they all work ok specifically Jelibuilt files, very smooth idle, linear power delivery low smoke and pretty zippy. I don’t have an IC installed just yet or gauges, not towing either just DD and hauling UTV. Current files I have are for 175/80s not 205/30s, kinda perplexed as I never pondered before what happens if you run Hybrid larger injectors with lower cc (175) non hybrid programs.

In my instance still should be getting 205cc of fuel no? As fuel (per time) is based on pulse width milli-seconds of time for injection and the injector will empty 205cc provided there is enough “programmed” ms of “time” to unload them right? Hope that makes sense.

Think I should wait to get IC in prior to get Hybrid 205/30 specific files, run what I got or get 205 specific?
Suggestions please, thank you
j

superpsd

Reaction score
So this all depends on the flow characteristics of a certain injector. X builders 205/30 injector may empty faster than another set built by XX builder. That being said a 30% nozzle is going to take more time to empty the barrel than a 80% nozzle. So your likely not going to inject the full quantity of fuel with your old tunes. Nozzle sizes and the flow of an injector can change SOI (timing) slightly but nothing too critical as long as the timing isn't too crazy to start with which most experienced tuners are not going to hand over files with dangerously advanced timing profiles. Just get the correct tuning files for the new injectors and then put the IC in.

Last edited:

JCart

Reaction score
Whoooaa, loaded up Jelibuilt tunes from Brian specific to FFD 205/30 and mods on the old truck. This old truck with 183,000 kms is like a different truck, now hard to get my head around the changes in throttle response, smooth power delivery and significant felt more ponies and torque. 1200 Lb Honda Pioneer 500 in the box, plus 200 lbs other work gear and this thing just rips compared to fully stock. So much fun to drive.
Cheers,
j

JohnT24

Reaction score
Whoooaa, loaded up Jelibuilt tunes from Brian specific to FFD 205/30 and mods on the old truck. This old truck with 183,000 kms is like a different truck, now hard to get my head around the changes in throttle response, smooth power delivery and significant felt more ponies and torque. 1200 Lb Honda Pioneer 500 in the box, plus 200 lbs other work gear and this thing just rips compared to fully stock. So much fun to drive.
Cheers,
j

Awesome

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.