6.4 Gone. 2017 6.7 F350 Platinum In.

joebuck

Reaction score
Damn nice, I love the looks of this truck! Was deeleeeting the upper fuel bowl a PITA? Or not to bad? It really cleans up under the hood, nice work

Black AOD

Reaction score
Damn nice, I love the looks of this truck! Was deeleeeting the upper fuel bowl a PITA? Or not to bad? It really cleans up under the hood, nice work

Its easy. However, unless you have some sort of low pressure aftermarket lift pump system, it should remain intact imo.

Black AOD

Reaction score
**Update**

Truck is at 75k mileage. No real issues to speak of. Still runs like a top, just changed the oil again. Starting to get bored with the truck honestly (since it feels slow to me) so I was going to buy a 2019 GT350R Shelby Cobra Mustang to have a fun fast car but the wife shot that idea down, she wasn't having it at all.

So in all fairness (not really LOL) I've decided to make my truck more fun to drive. I've got a compound kit coming that will be utilizing an S400 from Forced Inductions as the Atmo charger, and I'll be adding some 45% exergy injectors and a No Limit Intercooler to help with the the added pressure that the S400 will be adding.

I cant post pictures of the kit yet as it's still in R&D but I promise it will look good :naughty:

harrelljr99

Reaction score
I think we all know (Andrew included) he won’t “leave it alone” “this about it”
c’mon Andrew your an addict the first step is admitting you have a problem

My bet is next up combo setup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called it you da man!

Black AOD

Reaction score
Yeah...I gave in and just went ahead and did what everyone said I should do lol

It will hopefully drive very nice and tow nice once done.

Just to put it out there, it is NOT an MPD, No Limit or Midwest Kit. It's a different kit that makes the engine bay much more open and nice and cleaner looking so everything isn't so crammed together on the passenger side.

pog

Reaction score
he's going with a custom kit from his boy dozer's deezul performance.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Lmao! That is funny!!

Yep... "im just gonna leave it alone" only lasts a lil while.

live life full throttle

I mean...the truck lost weight 17 months after I bought it, then 8 months after losing weight it got a drop in VGT turbo and a 10mm exergy pump. A month after that it got a built trans. 6 months later after the trans it got a a low pressure fuel system.

I actually did exactly what I said I'd do. I'd leave it alone until the main warranty was gone. Which I did. After that, I was bound to be bored anyway. LOL

Last edited:

alewis

Reaction score
Should run good... you going to throw those d&j forged rods in there at the same time?

Black AOD

Reaction score
Should run good... you going to throw those d&j forged rods in there at the same time?

No. If the motor comes out, the whole engine would get built. I'm not taking it apart just to put rods in.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I mean...the truck lost weight 17 months after I bought it, then 8 months after losing weight it got a drop in VGT turbo and a 10mm exergy pump. A month after that it got a built trans. 6 months later after the trans it got a a low pressure fuel system.

I actually did exactly what I said I'd do. I'd leave it alone until the main warranty was gone. Which I did. After that, I was bound to be bored anyway. LOL
I'll give ya that. You did last longer than we expected. Lol

live life full throttle

C2tuck

Reaction score
What trans did you go with?

My 15, which just rolled 109k and I plan on keeping I think is needing one soon...

I hurt it a few months ago. It’s been slipping and flaring a lot lately. Need to start looking for a new one.

Black AOD

Reaction score
What trans did you go with?

My 15, which just rolled 109k and I plan on keeping I think is needing one soon...

I hurt it a few months ago. It’s been slipping and flaring a lot lately. Need to start looking for a new one.
Personally I would vote for Midwest or Warren Diesel for 6R. I have a Warren Diesel billet comp unit but it took a lot of revisions on the trans file to get it right. 8 to be exact IIRC

I hear Midwest 6R units tune much easier from multiple tuners fwiw

I had a Midwest 5R in my old 6.4 and it was an awesome trans.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online