6.4 Gone. 2017 6.7 F350 Platinum In.

sootie

Reaction score
What trans did you go with?

My 15, which just rolled 109k and I plan on keeping I think is needing one soon...

I hurt it a few months ago. It’s been slipping and flaring a lot lately. Need to start looking for a new one.

Clear your pms...

C2tuck

Reaction score
Personally I would vote for Midwest or Warren Diesel for 6R. I have a Warren Diesel billet comp unit but it took a lot of revisions on the trans file to get it right. 8 to be exact IIRC

I hear Midwest 6R units tune much easier from multiple tuners fwiw

I had a Midwest 5R in my old 6.4 and it was an awesome trans.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Thanks. I’ll look into them. I’m afraid it’s gonna just sh!t the bed one day.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Thanks. I’ll look into them. I’m afraid it’s gonna just sh!t the bed one day.

Mine did weird sh*t the day I brought my truck home. 3-4 shift was already goofy from time to time. Most of the time it was fine though.

I dleeted my truck at 37k and the trans was fine (for the most part) until one night I passed someone on a backroad, I used my tapshifter and put it down into 5th and whatever happened it didn't like and it revved to the moon and then something banged hard and immediately went into limp mode and I had to limp it to where I was going.

Went to Firepunk Diesel that same night and dropped the trans pan and it had some glimmer all through the fluid but no had parts or chunks floating around...OD pack had taken damaged later I found out when it got rebuilt.

It finally gave way at 57k when I did my 64mm Drop in VGT and 10mm Pump. The added 100whp/300tq fried it on the dyno at Firepunk LOL

C2tuck

Reaction score
Mine hasn’t been right since I towed my loaded down 5th wheel about 1000 miles. I was in a hurry and did a turn and burn doing 80+ through the mountains. Stupid I know but

Let’s just say the trans fluid still smells burnt after changing the fluid/filter a couple times...

Black AOD

Reaction score
Mine hasn’t been right since I towed my loaded down 5th wheel about 1000 miles. I was in a hurry and did a turn and burn doing 80+ through the mountains. Stupid I know but

Let’s just say the trans fluid still smells burnt after changing the fluid/filter a couple times...

what gears are the worst? 3,4 5 or 6?

C2tuck

Reaction score
Not sure but prob 3 & 4.

It’s worse when you’re just putting around. Get on it and it shifts fine.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Not sure but prob 3 & 4.

It’s worse when you’re just putting around. Get on it and it shifts fine.

Sounds like the OD pack starting to get a little angry

3-4 shift on the 15+ 6R trans has always been finicky

Black AOD

Reaction score
Turbski #2 has arrived.

NL Air to Water Drop in Intercooler has arrived as well. No pics of it yet, leaving it in the box for now.

b239b3580a3752eee3e86202a396f399.jpg

8d1b7648114f8c92909f8c0e51a407f7.jpg

688f767cb2be1583d7e2e0a41a158657.jpg

Black AOD

Reaction score
Haha! Yeah i bet it does!! Goin for 1k hp?

live life full throttle
Nah. 850-900 tops, the exergy 10mm cp4 will run out of fuel at the range. I'll tune it back to 650-700whp for daily driving and making the stock motor live a happy life

Black AOD

Reaction score
Right on! Should be nasty!

live life full throttle

Thanks LL, hope it drives as well as I think it will. The idea was to make the most fun/drivable setup I could while having the ability to turn it up to make it a decent power truck that tows phenomenally well. I based a lot of my setup off Mike's Blue KR truck so I'm hoping this setup will drive virtually smoke free too.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Thanks LL, hope it drives as well as I think it will. The idea was to make the most fun/drivable setup I could while having the ability to turn it up to make it a decent power truck that tows phenomenally well. I based a lot of my setup off Mike's Blue KR truck so I'm hoping this setup will drive virtually smoke free too.
Badass!!

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online