No heated seat or radio steering controls

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2008 6.4 and the drivers heater seat doesn’t work. What would cause the drivers seat to not work but allow the passenger seat to work. Also the radio controls on steering wheel do not work and only the screen lights up on the radio? Are these tied together or is it just a coincidence that the radio buttons on the radio don’t light up and the steering whee radio buttons don’t communicate with the radio at the same time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kleake

Reaction score
Heating element on driver seat likely bad, pretty common and not too difficult to replace. Likely coincidence on the radio issues.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I’m not too worried about the radio because I’ll most likely switch to a nice double din later sown the road. Most likely a bad meadow switch on the wheel? The temp button still works tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kleake

Reaction score
Could be a few things in the wheel. Bad buttons, clock spring, or radio itself. My buttons work, but occasionally volume will change station. I'm assuming the contacts are old and causing those issues. If you are going to change radios (like I did), I would start there as it will eliminate the radio from the equasion.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk