Need Help - feels like I have 2 4th gears

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Yes i still have it. The thought has crossed my mind to put it back on and see if it does the same thing. However i am towing my toyhauler this weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Yes i still have it. The thought has crossed my mind to put it back on and see if it does the same thing. However i am towing my toyhauler this weekend.

Go back to non SOTF, I'd use the race tune, even towing the trailer. See what it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Only thing is when it kicks downs from say 5th or 6th to pull a small grade I am worried about blowing my intake elbow. I have pulled on accident in the race tune and I pulled the bridge on I10 and the back tires broke loose on the metal joints. It was rainning. Scared the F out of me and the wife.

Jomax

Reaction score
Only thing is when it kicks downs from say 5th or 6th to pull a small grade I am worried about blowing my intake elbow. I have pulled on accident in the race tune and I pulled the bridge on I10 and the back tires broke loose on the metal joints. It was rainning. Scared the F out of me and the wife.

Need more tongue weight lol. But rain will do that..

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Lol the combination of rain and a slick metal surface helped. So in a change of events i got in this morning my wipers went back and forth and the bang from the TQC is gone. What in the heck is causing that?

redneck1

Reaction score
Lol the combination of rain and a slick metal surface helped. So in a change of events i got in this morning my wipers went back and forth and the bang from the TQC is gone. What in the heck is causing that?

Mine doesn't bang, but I've definitely seen the wipers go by themselves

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score

Do you have any auxiliary lights installed? HID headlights?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Do you have any auxiliary lights installed? HID headlights?

Nope nothing at all. All i have is the livewire ts plugged in.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
So I have been fighting this issue on and off for months and it is starting to get really annoying. I am starting to worry that I may be hurting the transmission. I am considering trying different tunes just to see if that fixes the issue. But I really like the sotf when towing and when it rains. Race tune+rain=sketchy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

donny

Reaction score
So I have been fighting this issue on and off for months and it is starting to get really annoying. I am starting to worry that I may be hurting the transmission. I am considering trying different tunes just to see if that fixes the issue. But I really like the sotf when towing and when it rains. Race tune+rain=sketchy!

I have a 14 model and it was shifting random crap into 2nd gear and I would reflash and it would go away for a day and be back so agervating!!! Running GDP tunes...i finally went 2 ford and had them reset the adaptives and the kam's and then went and did a trans relearn. It's been about a week and it's shifting great đź–’

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
How is it shifting still?

GregWork

Reaction score
Two simple things I would check:
1) how's the battery voltage? I've seen all kinds of gremlins from low voltage effects on the computers
2) run without the unit plugged in. I had a blue tooth ODBII that caused all kinds of havoc on the transmission (ramming in and out of lock up at a stop light, etc) I was sure the tranny was shot. Unplugged the adapter and went right back to normal.

donny

Reaction score
How is it shifting still?

It's shift fair better then it did but not superb or anything...But I think I have some issues in 4th and 5th when I wot it which is hardly ever it howls at me shifting into those gears...And my oil is discolored but it's due a change anyway

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Two simple things I would check:
1) how's the battery voltage? I've seen all kinds of gremlins from low voltage effects on the computers
2) run without the unit plugged in. I had a blue tooth ODBII that caused all kinds of havoc on the transmission (ramming in and out of lock up at a stop light, etc) I was sure the tranny was shot. Unplugged the adapter and went right back to normal.
I will try this on the way home today and report back with the results.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
It's shift fair better then it did but not superb or anything...But I think I have some issues in 4th and 5th when I wot it which is hardly ever it howls at me shifting into those gears...And my oil is discolored but it's due a change anyway

I have changed mine regularly. And at decreased service intervals. 15k fluid and 30k I change the filter.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Well I unplugged my sct from the unit and from the ob2 port. No change still happens. Last night I put my tyrant tow tune on the truck and unplugged the GH SOTF switch. Truck shifted perfectly fine this morning. I am going to drive it a few days and see what happens with the tyrant tune.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Been driving on the tyrant tow tune for 325 miles and transmission has been flawless. Shifts better than with the GH SOTF tunes.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
My gh 2nd gear lock up sotf tunes shift way to fast and you can feel the tc lock and unlock in just about every gear when you are kinda cruising around when on and off the pedal. I always use trailer tow anyway since i like the shift points and trans breaking and it shifts consistant as ever when doing that.

live life full throttle

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
My torque converter does not lock til 4th. Locks in 4th at 32mph shifts to 5th at 35. It's annoying.
I too find myself driving around with the EB on all the time as well.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
So after 500 miles of driving on the tyrant tow tune it has been flawless. I wish it didn't wistle so dang loud at idle. So I loaded to GH SOTF tune back on the truck and did the transmission relearn. Drove it this morning to work and sure enough the slam is still there in 4th when the torque converter locks. Like running over a 2x4 in the road. I think I should have bought the tyrant SOTF tunes. However idk if it would be any different. I know these two companies worked together on the SOTF tuning.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online