Anyone have popping in the front end after Dana 60 swap?

gnxtc2

Reaction score
- Slop in the slip yoke on the front shaft,
- u-joints frozen in the front axle shafts,
- roller bearings shot in the stub shafts,
- jack front wheels off the ground and use a large pry to check ball joints,
- loose shocks/slop in the shock eyelets
- draglink rotation hitting max rotation on turns

Billy T.
[email protected]

zilla68

Reaction score
I never noticed til this morning on the way home, but quite a bit of the popping I can actually feel in the floorboard too if that makes any sense.

that's what mine did also.
i couldn't notice it just looking under the bumper. i turned the truck on but not running, had my kid move wheel back and forth and got under there and could hear it but couldn't see it, got up close and it was a very minute movement but tightened the hell out of it and it stopped and never came back.
mine was a drop bracket also

chaselee

Reaction score
Well I was pressed for time yesterday but I did get to check a couple things. I did get a few turns out of the Fender bolts and got small amount out of the front u-bolts. I had to run clear across town to get a new drop hitch for my travel trailer hitch.

chaselee

Reaction score
Heres the old girl after I got the hitch set up.

Attachments

• IMG_20180302_171512064_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180302_171512064_HDR.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 74

chaselee

Reaction score
Well fellers, I finally had time to tighten a couple more things today. I got a little out of the trac bar bracket bolts and a little out of both ends of the trac bar itself and the popping is gone!!:jammin: Im not sure which one it was, maybe both but im not sure that I care, as long as its gone. Thanks for all the tips and tricks.

79jasper

Reaction score
Mine dies it as well. Can feel it when braking after baking up and braking. Or via versa. But typically only after changing direction of travel.
TSB 97-3-10

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Highroller54

Reaction score
My dads obs clicks when turning left or right at slow speeds. The rivet that goes through the frame to secure the front cross member to the frame buy the steering box is a little loose. Put your finger on that area and have someone turn the wheels back and fourth.

rusty1161

Reaction score
My popping was the trans crossmember bolts on th driver’s side. I ended up checking all of them and those were the only ones that were loose.

Rusty

Latest posts

Members online