A/c issues

F150orelse

Reaction score
Ok I’m having this problem sometimes. I get in my truck the a/c was blowing cold, 30 minutes later it starts blowing hot so I then turn the a/c off and on a few times it will then start blowing cold. I do this for 3 hours, after I stop and fueled up I noticed my truck wasn’t draining condensation from the a/c but it would blow cold a few minutes and it was while I was idling while filling up. So this morning I get in my truck and let it idle while I turned on the a/c it still wasn’t dripping nor was the compressor kicking on, after turning the a/c on and off compressor kicks on and the condensation is starting to drain. Rewind to a month ago, we took the f250 to Atlanta to the aquarium there, the a/c worked flawlessly. So anyone have any ideas? I have also replaced all vent motors 3 months ago.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Probably the AC pressure switch. Iys right,down by the air,box. Theyre junk, will typically set a p0532 code, that you may need a good scan tool to read. Ive done a ton of them...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

F150orelse

Reaction score
Probably the AC pressure switch. Iys right,down by the air,box. Theyre junk, will typically set a p0532 code, that you may need a good scan tool to read. Ive done a ton of them...

I’ll try that!

andharri

Reaction score
I had, what sounds like, a similar issue. A/c would work just fine on start up and then at some point after it warmed up would cut off. Sometimes it would come back on sometimes it wouldn't.

I ended up checking the gap of the ac compressor clutch and it was too large. Shimmed it back to spec and it solved all issues. If I remember correctly, it was so far out of spec that removing the shim washers currently in place was all I needed to do, didn't actually need to buy additional ones.

F150orelse

Reaction score
I had, what sounds like, a similar issue. A/c would work just fine on start up and then at some point after it warmed up would cut off. Sometimes it would come back on sometimes it wouldn't.

I ended up checking the gap of the ac compressor clutch and it was too large. Shimmed it back to spec and it solved all issues. If I remember correctly, it was so far out of spec that removing the shim washers currently in place was all I needed to do, didn't actually need to buy additional ones.

I’ve read about that as well, I’ll try that next.

F150orelse

Reaction score

Do you remember what the gap specs should be?

Motostroker

Reaction score
4d08ebfb3747696de5d1198712ea6b43.jpg

My AC is doing the same. I’ll try the sensor first.

I think it’s the EVAP tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
4d08ebfb3747696de5d1198712ea6b43.jpg

My AC is doing the same. I’ll try the sensor first.

I think it’s the EVAP tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Nope, thats the code for the pressure sensor, its in the manifold lines, just behind the air box

F150orelse

Reaction score
lol I wish the best for you! just saying that was my story to a tee and then my dash came off. at 39k miles. perfect timing for it not to be ford's problem.

Man! I used my friends a/c machine I only recovered 1.41lb’s it holds 1.63lb’s so I’m sure it’s leaking! Filled it up after a good vacuum, it’s doing the same thing! I’m thinking the evaporator temp sensor, which also requires a dash pull unfortunately.

F150orelse

Reaction score
Damn, sorry bud. Ive had quite a few that have done exactly what youre describing, and it was the switch.

So I replaced the evaporator temperature switch, the compressor cycles on and off like it’s suppose finally after driving it yesterday it was fine. But I drove it to Gatlinburg this morning I have to turn the a/c on and off a lot to get it to cool! In the city driving it does fine stays cool the whole time. **** is driving me crazy.

F150orelse

Reaction score
**** is weird, a/c worked perfectly the drive home from Gatlinburg Tuesday. I’ve been in the truck all week and it’s worked fine since.

Latest posts

Members online