SCT SOTF (Shift on the fly) GH/AS REVIEW

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
How are you guys replacing the 12v outlet next to exhaust brake? Just looking at my switch I don't think that will work. Were you guys using the old switch? It must have been larger. Mine would fall through the hole I think?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
My switch is pretty large. I think it is the old Spartin sotf switch. I have seen a few people epoxy a small washer with the right size hole or fill it in completley with epoxy then drill it out to the right size.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

CallMeColt

Reaction score
Been thinking about shift on the fly kit for my truck. The biggest thing I'm looking for is to avoid the transmission learning curve if I change powers. I have a lot of miles on my truck (193,000) & with my current tunes, when I change them, will act very funny the first few times it shifts through all the gears then really balances out after a few hundred miles. I do like how my updated tunes (updated last month) shift though.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
There is no relearn when you turn the switch.

Kxc

Reaction score
When you switch levels does the trans tuning change too ? Can you have a real conservative smoke free tune at lowest setting and then a max effort tune at the high setting without any issues ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
When you switch levels does the trans tuning change too ? Can you have a real conservative smoke free tune at lowest setting and then a max effort tune at the high setting without any issues ?

Yes I know Mike at no limit said that there were differences in the tunning. I know it shifts harder when in max tune and you have your foot in it. Also it may just be in my head but it seems the EB works harder when in the tow tune position. I have logged about 16k miles with this tuning. I was having an issue with the lockup TC in 4th. I reset the trans adaptive learning and it has been fine since. Guess it had a parameter it learned that didn't work with the tuning or something. Trucks shifts better now than it ever has.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I installed the SOTF with GH tunes. When I put it on the race tune I get a POO7D at start up. I can clear it and it will come back as soon as I start the truck back up. I also occasionally get a P0181 too on any of the settings. The truck seems to run fine. Anyone else have this happen?
I got the fuel temp code a lot. Got a nee tune. It went away but now it has a howl/siren sound at idle. Lol
I don’t feel crazy anymore or stupid. I thought it was something I did wrong. I dropped 2mpg hand calculated and my driving style has not changed at all. I even tried to baby it and could get what I was getting

I lost 2 mpg from my previous tunes that where probably a orginal set of p i p tunes when i switched to gh sotf

My gh sotf tunes are smoke free and runs very well.
Anyone here using SOTF tunes from Texas Diesel Performance?
Never heard of them
live life full throttle

CallMeColt

Reaction score
Anyone here using SOTF tunes from Texas Diesel Performance?

As you were... It's Diesel Performance of Texas. Here's a link;

Reason I'm asking is because they were who my local shop got my tuner from a few years ago & I have their custom tunes already so I'd get a discount getting the SOTF system from them.

Might ask if they could just do away with the Race tune & tweak the Street one for me so I have stock, tow, street, street, & performance. I got codes as well with race since I have no aftermarket stuff on my fuel system or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jomax

Reaction score
As you were... It's Diesel Performance of Texas. Here's a link;

Reason I'm asking is because they were who my local shop got my tuner from a few years ago & I have their custom tunes already so I'd get a discount getting the SOTF system from them.

Might ask if they could just do away with the Race tune & tweak the Street one for me so I have stock, tow, street, street, & performance. I got codes as well with race since I have no aftermarket stuff on my fuel system or anything.

On my old 2015. I ran the GH non SOTF race tune 24/7. 120k miles zero issues when I traded it in. Towing too.

Last edited by a moderator:

CallMeColt

Reaction score
On my old 2015. I ran the GH non SOTF race tune 24/7. 120k miles zero issues when I traded it in. Towing too.

My truck just didn't like it. The moment I put it on the tune, you could hear the difference at idle. Almost like a cylinder wasn't firing. Truck almost was gargling. Then the light came on.

I also ended up with a transmission coolant line leak after going up to the Race tune. Almost like the pressure was to high & stretched the seals. Might have simple been due to age, but I don't know for sure. Injectors may be getting weaker as well. I'm at almost 200,000 miles.

I just don't want to roast my truck. I originally wanted the tunes just to get rid of all the EGR/*** crap & increase efficiency but once I started messing with the higher powers, I was sucked in.

I think I may upgrade in a month or so when I get my bonus from work. I will see what they can do to tweak the file for me & report back to let everyone know my results.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
My truck just didn't like it. The moment I put it on the tune, you could hear the difference at idle. Almost like a cylinder wasn't firing. Truck almost was gargling. Then the light came on.

I also ended up with a transmission coolant line leak after going up to the Race tune. Almost like the pressure was to high & stretched the seals. Might have simple been due to age, but I don't know for sure. Injectors may be getting weaker as well. I'm at almost 200,000 miles.

I just don't want to roast my truck. I originally wanted the tunes just to get rid of all the EGR/*** crap & increase efficiency but once I started messing with the higher powers, I was sucked in.

I think I may upgrade in a month or so when I get my bonus from work. I will see what they can do to tweak the file for me & report back to let everyone know my results.
Have you asked them about tge issues you have yet?

live life full throttle

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

yeah , doubtful the tunes had ANYTHING to do with your issues. there's thousands of people out there with them and virtually none reporting those issues. as for stretching the seals .. im sorry but whoever told you that could physically happen is yanking your chain.

CallMeColt

Reaction score
Have you asked them about tge issues you have yet?

live life full throttle

Yes. I was told the CEL was from using the Extreme tune (now Race) without anything aftermarket in my truck. The shop updated my tuner to the newest tunes. I haven't tried Race yet. Was worried I'd have issues, but I think it may have just been by chance it happened.

yeah , doubtful the tunes had ANYTHING to do with your issues. there's thousands of people out there with them and virtually none reporting those issues. as for stretching the seals .. im sorry but whoever told you that could physically happen is yanking your chain.

I have had issues with the people I had do the work (and gave me this information) recently. The more I just did research myself & learn, the more I know they're just trying to sound very knowledgeable when they're not.... on top of just being dishonest. I wish I went somewhere else when I started all this years ago.

CallMeColt

Reaction score
I just paid for the switch & the new tunes. Had some unexpected income & figured I'd just do it. Hopefully it all works out. $330 even. Going to install myself.

CallMeColt

Reaction score
I just got finished installing the switch & loading the tunes on my Tuner. 0 instructions came with the switch as far as install, use, loading tunes, etc. The only thing it came with was instructions if you let the washer fall off to limit it to 5 settings again & how to test it with the small LED & button on the back. Did do the test & it was correct. I'm getting short, one worded responses from the place I purchased from. Looks like I'm 0-3 on customer service from diesel performances places.... :shrug:

Anyways, I went out & drove a bit up & down the highway as well as in town after having everything loaded & installed to what I think is properly. I can't tell if I'm getting changes between the power levels on the switch. I can definitely tell the transmission isn't shifting differently between the different levels.

I attached a few pictures of the install & what is now on my tuner. The file I loaded onto my truck is 11-12 SOTF 0-120 Stock Trans.

From what little the tuner has replies to me, I guess it means 0-120HP adjustments with Stock shifts? Next file would be 0-180HP adjustments with Performance shifts?

Sorry to be clogging up this thread with my ignorance.... just looking for some help to be sure I'm doing things correctly.

Attachments

• KIMG0579.JPG
    KIMG0579.JPG
    524.6 KB · Views: 88
  • KIMG0580.JPG
    KIMG0580.JPG
    529.2 KB · Views: 81
  • KIMG0582.JPG
    KIMG0582.JPG
    456.5 KB · Views: 82
  • KIMG0583.JPG
    KIMG0583.JPG
    454.5 KB · Views: 79
  • KIMG0584.JPG
    KIMG0584.JPG
    453.5 KB · Views: 77

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I just got finished installing the switch & loading the tunes on my Tuner. 0 instructions came with the switch as far as install, use, loading tunes, etc. The only thing it came with was instructions if you let the washer fall off to limit it to 5 settings again & how to test it with the small LED & button on the back. Did do the test & it was correct. I'm getting short, one worded responses from the place I purchased from. Looks like I'm 0-3 on customer service from diesel performances places.... :shrug:

Anyways, I went out & drove a bit up & down the highway as well as in town after having everything loaded & installed to what I think is properly. I can't tell if I'm getting changes between the power levels on the switch. I can definitely tell the transmission isn't shifting differently between the different levels.

I attached a few pictures of the install & what is now on my tuner. The file I loaded onto my truck is 11-12 SOTF 0-120 Stock Trans.

From what little the tuner has replies to me, I guess it means 0-120HP adjustments with Stock shifts? Next file would be 0-180HP adjustments with Performance shifts?

Sorry to be clogging up this thread with my ignorance.... just looking for some help to be sure I'm doing things correctly.

who did you purchase from ?

CallMeColt

Reaction score
who did you purchase from ?

Diesel Performance of Texas.

I believe I figured it out. Each file has different shifting but adjustable powers. Stock shift file shifts stock, Performance like their performance tune, Race like their Race.

I thought that I was going to get different shifts with different levels... disappointing. No CEL on level 5, Race though.

Wish I had know about No Limit before starting all this. I see the feedback you give on the forum here... very helpful & everyone has good things to say.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Diesel Performance of Texas.

I believe I figured it out. Each file has different shifting but adjustable powers. Stock shift file shifts stock, Performance like their performance tune, Race like their Race.

I thought that I was going to get different shifts with different levels... disappointing. No CEL on level 5, Race though.

Wish I had know about No Limit before starting all this. I see the feedback you give on the forum here... very helpful & everyone has good things to say.

call here and ask for jeff. i'll have him shoot you a test file and a switch and we'll see if we can get you some good stuff ;)

800-581-8986

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
call here and ask for jeff. i'll have him shoot you a test file and a switch and we'll see if we can get you some good stuff ;)

800-581-8986
That reason right there is why Mike's gets my cash!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.