Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 7.3 Aftermarket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-11-2020, 08:55 AM
psduser1's Avatar
psduser1 psduser1 is offline
Colonel
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: on the road
Posts: 3,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red Bus View Post
Also all the intake valves were pushed into the seats pretty bad first 2 were the worst ones you guys ever seen this? Never seen this I would think it's from hydrolocking the engine but I know on 3512 cat engines they blow the injectors through the valve cover if they hydrolock

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Its been run too hot for too long. If you were to continue too run it, with too high of egts, the seat would separate from the stem, and then you'd have a seven cylinder 7.3l, lol.
__________________
2000 f250 zf6, air, oil, fuel mods, flatbed dual dana 80
Almost stock
2001 f250 same setup as the 2000, auto trans
2002 with a couple of mods, grocerygetter
  #12  
Old 01-11-2020, 09:08 AM
Big Red Bus Big Red Bus is offline
Private
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: The bakken ND
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psduser1 View Post
Its been run too hot for too long. If you were to continue too run it, with too high of egts, the seat would separate from the stem, and then you'd have a seven cylinder 7.3l, lol.
See I was curious if it was run hard but I didnt see alot of heat in the pistons on the back side or on the sides of them

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  #13  
Old 01-11-2020, 09:40 AM
gwunter's Avatar
gwunter gwunter is offline
Major
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Logansport, IN
Posts: 1,052
Default

Is there any erosion on the tops of the pistons?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
__________________
Just a crazy, wannabe machinist....making crazy stroker parts.
  #14  
Old 01-11-2020, 09:55 AM
Big Red Bus Big Red Bus is offline
Private
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: The bakken ND
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwunter View Post
Is there any erosion on the tops of the pistons?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Nope pretty clean no issues, no pitting no melted or distorted areas from heat that I can find rods are straight enough by eyeballing them that I cant see issues, all the bearings but 1 look new. All that I found was the lifter on the exhaust and the intake valve train that was missing when I got it, that was the first piston I pulled since both lifters had issues on that cylinder. Figured I would see something but there was nothing

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  #15  
Old 01-11-2020, 01:42 PM
Big Red Bus Big Red Bus is offline
Private
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: The bakken ND
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwunter View Post
Is there any erosion on the tops of the pistons?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Here is some pics of the ones I can get too

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  #16  
Old 01-11-2020, 05:18 PM
dsberman94's Avatar
dsberman94 dsberman94 is online now
General
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 10,939
Default

Irate diesel for your t4 kit and turbo and also for the regulated return. Iíd do draw straw set up with an upgraded pump and filters on that.

Cnc fabrication has a kit for hpop lines and crossover. That all fits and looks nice and clean in the valley with the regulated return in there. The crossover line isnít a hard line like others have so it works with the t4 kit. Install the hardliners for the reg return out of the truck. I wish I had.

Youíll need a boost fooler as well Iím sure.

More power doesnít mean itís going to run cooler. You will still have to drop it down a gear and keep the rpms up on the grades to keep it cool. They arenít like the new trucks.
__________________
02 F250 7.3 Crew Cab Short Bed Lariat
PHP Hydra, Ge4rhead tunes, Edge insight CTS monitor
Mild Trans Build, Dual disc TC
GTP38R, T500, PIS 175/80s in the engine. waiting to see rods one day

Turned 200k miles 1/18/2015
  #17  
Old 01-11-2020, 05:53 PM
Big Red Bus Big Red Bus is offline
Private
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: The bakken ND
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsberman94 View Post
Irate diesel for your t4 kit and turbo and also for the regulated return. Iíd do draw straw set up with an upgraded pump and filters on that.

Cnc fabrication has a kit for hpop lines and crossover. That all fits and looks nice and clean in the valley with the regulated return in there. The crossover line isnít a hard line like others have so it works with the t4 kit. Install the hardliners for the reg return out of the truck. I wish I had.

Youíll need a boost fooler as well Iím sure.

More power doesnít mean itís going to run cooler. You will still have to drop it down a gear and keep the rpms up on the grades to keep it cool. They arenít like the new trucks.
Was building a parts list this week and seen this, is this an actual boost fooler? It says it's a fuel regulator, just curious will probably put inline regulator in anyways. Also from what I can see on t4 kit I should be able to bend a hardline and install MORB X MJIC fittings in the heads and flare the ends on the hydraulic flaring tool at my old job.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  #18  
Old 01-11-2020, 06:01 PM
Big Red Bus Big Red Bus is offline
Private
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: The bakken ND
Posts: 20
Default

Has anybody used these? says direct replacement and no need for return so I could install a filter and go away with stock fuel bowl? Any thoghts? I'm sure that the return line ties to the pump and just holds on a regulated curve

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  #19  
Old 01-11-2020, 06:11 PM
dsberman94's Avatar
dsberman94 dsberman94 is online now
General
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 10,939
Default Ground up rebuild for tired excursion

I donít know what that is but I stay far away from anything branded air dog or fass.

The cnc fab line is priced right that it wouldnít even be worth the time to mess with one on your own.

Riffraff for a boost fooler and it wonít read correct through the trucks computer anymore so youíll need to find another way. I Tíd off the front of the ic pipe plenum temporarily but got a bung welded into the ic pipe.
__________________
02 F250 7.3 Crew Cab Short Bed Lariat
PHP Hydra, Ge4rhead tunes, Edge insight CTS monitor
Mild Trans Build, Dual disc TC
GTP38R, T500, PIS 175/80s in the engine. waiting to see rods one day

Turned 200k miles 1/18/2015

Last edited by dsberman94; 01-11-2020 at 06:15 PM.
  #20  
Old 01-11-2020, 06:27 PM
Big Red Bus Big Red Bus is offline
Private
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: The bakken ND
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsberman94 View Post
I donít know what that is but I stay far away from anything branded air dog or fass.

The cnc fab line is priced right that it wouldnít even be worth the time to mess with one on your own.

Riffraff for a boost fooler and it wonít read correct through the trucks computer anymore so youíll need to find another way. I Tíd off the front of the ic pipe plenum temporarily but got a bung welded into the ic pipe.
So what brand would you go with?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:52 AM.

 

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Designed by Military Ltd