Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 7.3 Aftermarket

Old 09-04-2018, 08:36 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Default Dual IPR block. Need help

gwunter (Shannon) is the man. He took the task to design and fabricate a dual IPR block for me. Iím looking for advice as to how to plum the lines. Jason (Hot Rod Tractor) did his by taking a line coming from head into the input ports on each side of block. Then put the ICP sensor on the block where it can read the pressure the same as if it was on a high pressure rail. Shannon put two exit ports on the block for the bleed off from the IPRís. I think I only need one port. Where should I dump that oil at?

Biggest question I have is, what do I do with the stock IPR port? Plug it off?

Do I just solder on another IPR pigtail on the stock wires?

I need special oil lines for the high pressure oil? I have been using hydraulic lines.
96 F-350 RC 4x4 Hypermax Rods, PIS 300/200s G head tunes, Garrett GT4294, Beans IDM, ARP head & main, girdle, half filled block, DI cam, Dual IPRs, ceramic coated bowls, anti-friction skirts, Haldex pump over Honey Badger Jr, Diesel site High volume lpop, Billet intake Plenums, Dual SD pumps, Fluidampner, beehive springs, cosmetic head gaskets, Inconel valves, hardend guides, Ported and polished heads by me, home made RR fuel, 5 speed tranny, with SB 3600 DxD. Snow water meth.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:03 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Shannon did some beautiful work on that piece! Can't wait to see you get it all figured out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2018, 04:20 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

You should be able to just solder a new pigtail for the IPR. You'll want them to have the same signal.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:11 PM
General
Member's Gallery

That’s the plan

I did get some fittings for the block today at NAPA.
96 F-350 RC 4x4 Hypermax Rods, PIS 300/200s G head tunes, Garrett GT4294, Beans IDM, ARP head & main, girdle, half filled block, DI cam, Dual IPRs, ceramic coated bowls, anti-friction skirts, Haldex pump over Honey Badger Jr, Diesel site High volume lpop, Billet intake Plenums, Dual SD pumps, Fluidampner, beehive springs, cosmetic head gaskets, Inconel valves, hardend guides, Ported and polished heads by me, home made RR fuel, 5 speed tranny, with SB 3600 DxD. Snow water meth.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:58 PM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum PD View Post
gwunter (Shannon) is the man. He took the task to design and fabricate a dual IPR block for me. Iím looking for advice as to how to plum the lines. Jason (Hot Rod Tractor) did his by taking a line coming from head into the input ports on each side of block. Then put the ICP sensor on the block where it can read the pressure the same as if it was on a high pressure rail. Shannon put two exit ports on the block for the bleed off from the IPRís. I think I only need one port. Where should I dump that oil at?

Biggest question I have is, what do I do with the stock IPR port? Plug it off?

Do I just solder on another IPR pigtail on the stock wires?

I need special oil lines for the high pressure oil? I have been using hydraulic lines.
Standard hydraulic lines-two wire- are not rated for the temps that hpo operates at. They will work for a while, but you might spend some time with your hydraulics guy, and find a better hose.
I think riffraff carries a gates version, and I know Parker offers a version rated to 450*, ish.
Personally, I'd work more about temperature rating than pressure, as standard hydraulic hose generally isn't designed or rated to withstand 200* + oil temps.
2002 with a couple of mods, grocerygetter
Old 09-05-2018, 08:05 PM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by psduser1 View Post
Standard hydraulic lines-two wire- are not rated for the temps that hpo operates at. They will work for a while, but you might spend some time with your hydraulics guy, and find a better hose.
I think riffraff carries a gates version, and I know Parker offers a version rated to 450*, ish.
Personally, I'd work more about temperature rating than pressure, as standard hydraulic hose generally isn't designed or rated to withstand 200* + oil temps.
Look on McMaster. Their website is awesome. Not saying they have what you need, but it is so easy to narrow down stuff that might meet your specs.

Old 09-05-2018, 08:42 PM
General
Member's Gallery

I’ll ask about temp
Old 09-06-2018, 04:48 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Sorry, didn't mean to quote you Joe. Not sure why it did that.

Old 09-07-2018, 06:19 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

I bought some hydraulic hose for turbo oil drain awhile back. If I remember correctly it was high temp rated, although I don't know what max temp was. I only got about 12" of the hose so I can't see what it reads, but I do know it had a red stripe down it as opposed to the typical green stripe. Thinking Goodyear brand but don't remember for sure. If you really have to know details I can swing by the hose shop and find out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2018, 06:46 PM
General
Member's Gallery

I’ll see what my local NAPA guys say plus there are other places I can check.