• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

7.3 6.0 or 6.7????

Which motor?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FutureStroker0909

Reaction score
Hi guys new to site and wanting to buy a PS but been spending days weeks on researching so many dif trucks and motors and stock or mods and can’t pick one. Main problem is do I go 6.0 since 7.3 are so hard to find that are stick and not beat to death . Do I go 6.0 bulletproof or stick and bulletproof or not at all since I have read so many going 200k miles plus still stick. Or do I dish out the money and go 6.7 if they are even worth it. Type of truck I want is a cc short bed 4x4 diesel lariat. Gonna be work truck and family truck so I want one nice with options. If anyone can help with my choice on what to do or not. I love 7.3 and 6.0 trucks for many reason and very fond of the new 6.7 but just don’t know that much of them. Money isn’t that big deal just want a good strong truck I can get 10-15 years out of and be reliable . Thanks sorry to run on but give all I can so I can get some good feed back.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I'll never be without a 7.3, but would love to have another 6.0, and maybe one day a 6.7.

Pick any of them, just have about $5k set aside for any troubles with 7.3, about $10k for a 6.0, and about $8-12k for a 6.7.

sootie

Reaction score
Sure glad I haven't had to spend 8-10 k on any of the six sevens I've owned and put 100s of thousands of miles on....

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Again good buddy, I only get to see the bad! So everything I give is worst case scenario

psduser1

Reaction score
I've got a bunch of miles on several 7.3s, and they are a great platform.
Having said that, they are getting old. If you aren't terribly worried about price, I'd recommend a low mile 12-14 model yr 6.7. They are far and away a nicer pickup. If you don't know the ins and outs of the 6.0, it's easy to get in over your head, and the 7.3s have limitations of their own, for a guy just getting into diesels.

Jomax

Reaction score
6.7 hands down. You’ll spend $5,000 EASY off the bat with a clapped out 7.3 to get it up to par. That’s just facts. I haven’t seen a 7.3 that was turn key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
6.7 i have had them all. Even a cummins swapped 04 f350. 6.7 wins in everyway imagined. Insurance on an expensive fuel system is to install a good prefilter/water separator and dont look back.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

co04cobra

Reaction score
I actually think CT nailed it very close with estimates by motor. Buy whichever you decide on with hopes of the best, but prepare for the chance of not the best.

Have 3 - 6.7s at my shop now that need engines. Miles all 150-200k. 5k def won’t fix any of them. :LOL:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I actually think CT nailed it very close with estimates by motor. Buy whichever you decide on with hopes of the best, but prepare for the chance of not the best.

Have 3 - 6.7s at my shop now that need engines. Miles all 150-200k. 5k def won’t fix any of them. :LOL:

How long are engines on back order? Ford told us 6-8 weeks last month

co04cobra

Reaction score
We luckily have a parts yard to get our engines from, but had been hearing they get back ordered. Our parts guy did tell me he dropped one off last week but I think he said it had been on BO for 6-8wks.

I’m sure you know but it’s everything......6.7 stuff in the last month that we’ve tried to get but BO. Fuel system, front cover, and took 4 days to get a new 17 turbo for ambulance. Makes it damn hard to schedule.

Latest posts

Members online