Truck tuned and deleted then after 2 weeks white smoke.(not egr)..need help!!

rrod

Reaction score
I put the tune back to stock with DPF delete. It smoked worse on stock then when tuned. At this point I'm leaning toward injector or turbo seal. Only things I can think of that would let oil in exhaust and cause smoking. More than likely the seal since truck still drives really well and no noticeable loss of fluids. I imagien the seal is a very minor leak that will only get worse. Truck is going to the shop tomorrow. Any suggestions on what to do if it is turbo? Going to go through warranty and wouldn't mind paying out of pocket a little for some upgrades on the turbo or other items, while this is getting done?

Also changed the fuel filter lower then upper and cycled with no start. What a pain in the balls that was to get the truck going. After dozens of cycles, schrader valve and banjo bolts venting I eventually read about opening upper filter cap. I opened a few threads past the o-ring and after 2 30 seconds cycles followed by crank got the truck ruuning for a few seconds then shut off again. Repeated the first step again and after about a 20 second crank it finally turned on and stayed running after about an hour total messing with it. I've done filter changes on dozens of construction equipment diesels and none were ever as difficult as the 6.4L

Stroked777

Reaction score
When I do fuel filters. I always do the lower first, then start it and let it run for 30 seconds, then do the upper filter. Never had a problem that way

rrod

Reaction score
When I do fuel filters. I always do the lower first, then start it and let it run for 30 seconds, then do the upper filter. Never had a problem that way

Thanks. That's a good tip for next time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Take it to a reputable shop that has an IDS. May have an injector going. If that's the case you don't want to play with it too long as it could melt a piston. But if it turns out to be a turbo I would be glad to help you out.

rrod

Reaction score
Take it to a reputable shop that has an IDS. May have an injector going. If that's the case you don't want to play with it too long as it could melt a piston. But if it turns out to be a turbo I would be glad to help you out.

Thanks.. I parked the truck until wednesday when it has it's opening in the shop since I do not want to risk anything. He said he will run a bunch of test and balances and all this other stuff to determine the cause so, I'm sure he has the IDS. I was recommended this shop and was told the shop is well known for any ford diesel that begins with a 6..lol. Mine was going in today but he was doing head gaskets on a 6.0 that needed a little more than first thought so he needs until Wednesday. Fine with me if he gives that detail to each truck.

Latest posts

Members online