Steering Stabilizer help!

ChitownPS

Reaction score
Hi fellas, so I have a 13 f250 and I installed a bds dual steering stabilizer about 2yrs ago. It works pretty decent with helping bump steer. But the way the center bracket is setup everytime I hit a decent size bump there is a loud clunking noise. It's getting annoying!!!! The truck is stock height and that bracket is banging off the steering bar (dont know the correct name). I'm looking for something better. Or I'm going to cut and modify that bracket. I tried bending the bracket away from that steering bar, but it only helps for a little while. Is there anything better on the market?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HossDieselWorks

Reaction score
Depends on what brand you are currently running. A lot of the dual kits out there say they are required to be used on a truck with at least a 2" leveling kit, otherwise you will hit.

ChitownPS

Reaction score
It's a bds dual stabalizer. I'm going to buy the bracket kit and modify it then.

HossDieselWorks

Reaction score
According to BDS's website, you need to run a 2'' leveling kit to avoid contact. You can also call Trevor at PMF Suspension, he makes some great stuff and see if he has a bracket that will work without any modifications. I personally run his dual stabilizer setup for over 3 years now with Fox shocks and love it.

ChitownPS

Reaction score
My truck has the snow plow suspension. So it already sits level. I can not add a 2" leveling kit. I would have to get a lift kit. Which I dont want because my truck barely fits in my garage

sootie

Reaction score
So get your alignment set properly so the truck doesn't bump steer then you wouldn't need the stabilizers...

ChitownPS

Reaction score
1 problem, there isn't a dam person around chicago that can align ****!!!!!!!
And that's from my experience with street and race cars. I've traveled all over and have not meet a person that can set up an alignment to correct bump steer or even understands bump steer

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
For what it is worth, i am at stock hight. I am right around 3 for caster. I have a bilstien factory stabilizer and i run the cheapy rough country dual steering stabilizer kit. I have zero bump steer.. but i want to switch them all to fox shocks when i can though.

live life full throttle

Swampfox

Reaction score
My truck drove great without stabilizers but I have the one up offroad front truss with steering stabilizers on mine and it's a very nice piece. I think they have one now you can get without the axle truss. OUO's site says it works on lowered, lifted, or stock height trucks.

sootie

Reaction score
Why is that? Mine have always been a lil different. Is it just how the suspension lines up or the safety factor for the vehicle to veer to the right

live life full throttle
To get it to drive straight. Partly due to predominant crown of the road and partly the way the suspension cycles

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
To get it to drive straight. Partly due to predominant crown of the road and partly the way the suspension cycles

What’s your favorite numbers to try and set it at? And what’s the difference from left to right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
What’s your favorite numbers to try and set it at? And what’s the difference from left to right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just try and get over 3*. no two trucks will be the same. Suspension height and rake make a difference also

Latest posts

Members online