2017 Engine Specs

PAYNE5757

Reaction score
Ive searched and searched and cannot find any definitive technical info on the changes made to the 17 engine. Anyone have a reference or link? Mostly curious about details of the turbo.

sootie

Reaction score
main difference is the oil feed and return are both done internally thru the pedestal. There is no external oil feed line, or top feed oil port anymore.

PAYNE5757

Reaction score
Ok so it is in Fact a conventional VGT? I kept reading that they went back to an SST and the intake plenum blocks the view too much to tell for sure by looking. What other changes are there? HPFP different?

sootie

Reaction score
Ok so it is in Fact a conventional VGT? I kept reading that they went back to an SST and the intake plenum blocks the view too much to tell for sure by looking. What other changes are there? HPFP different?

correct. not sst

superpsd

Reaction score
I wonder how long it will take Ford to switch to the Denso Commonrail system with solenoid injectors as GM did.

sootie

Reaction score
Incorrect, 2017 Powerstroke have switched back to a SST turbo, that is larger than the 11-14 models, to help prevent the overspinning issues the 11-14 had.

LOL ^^^^ Bullchit.

Who dafuq are you?

sootie

Reaction score
Someone, who recently purchased one...

Check out ford website under specifications, if you have trouble believing me.
http://www.ford.com/trucks/super-duty/2017/models/f250-xl/

Let me know what you find when you pull your turbo apart....many of us that have commented on this thread have done just that. These turbos are a standard VGT.

Or even better, pop your hood and tell me where the second air inlet path is that feeds the second stage of the compressor wheel.

On edit: I looked thru the link you provided but I must be blind-i can't see any reference to an sst turbo. Maybe because I am opening on a mobile device?

Last edited:

Lipka101

Reaction score
Let me know what you find when you pull your turbo apart....many of us that have commented on this thread have done just that. These turbos are a standard VGT.

Or even better, pop your hood and tell me where the second air inlet path is that feeds the second stage of the compressor wheel.

On edit: I looked thru the link you provided but I must be blind-i can't see any reference to an sst turbo. Maybe because I am opening on a mobile device?
It does say sst under the engine specs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

yarosig

Reaction score

Here you go see link below, wonder why there is so much confusion floating around on powerstroke hub and Ford's website.
413367940.jpg

yarosig

Reaction score
Does anyone have any specs on the 2017 turbo? I believe it is bigger than 15-16 due to fact that max torque kicks in at 1800 RPM instead of 1600. like 11-16.

Latest posts

Members online