2017 upfitter switch wires- PLEASE HELP

Dalt

Reaction score
I'm simply trying to direct wire a radar detector and am getting very frustrated. In my previous truck it was connected to the interior fuse panel via a piggyback adapter. Even finding the cab fuse panel in this truck was a chore as the manual says it's on the driver side yet it's on the passenger side. Since my piggy back adapter is a 2 prong and this truck has 3 prong fuses I figured I would just use an upfitter circuit to power my detector. I've been on my back under the dash on both sides for close to an hour and I cannot find the upfitter wires. I've seen posts saying they are on the drivers side AND posts that say they are on the passenger side. I had no problem finding the ones under the hood but I cannot find the ones in the cab. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

DockRocker

Reaction score
Look for the small black fuse box on the driver fender under the hood. This holds the relays and fused for the upfitter switches.

Below this small black box you will find the Blount cut wires.

Here is a video to help.

https://youtu.be/l7r7kYQw6eo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dalt

Reaction score
As I mentioned in my original post, I found the wires under the hood. I'm looking for the ones inside the cab. Thanks!

Spatel23

Reaction score
The ones in the cab are located on the passenger side foot well. There is a panel between the door and firewall. The "pass thru" wires are there.
You then run the wire from the radar in the cab to that wire in the footwell.
Find that wire on the passenger side engine bay, connect it by running a wire across the engine bay to the wires you found on the driver side. That is the completely pointless way to use the pass thru wires. Stupid IMO.

To run my radar I just ran the wire from the blunt cut wires on the drivers side engine bay thru the firewall to the driver side and connected my radar there, much easier and who wants a wire running across the engine bay. I just poked a small hole thru a rubber grommet

on my phone so hope this makes sense.

Latest posts

Members online