Motor Build List

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
So, grenaded my motor today, guess I'm gonna have to do this again... So, cheaped out and didnt put rods in last go around, and figuring thats what failed this time.

Hoping some of ya can look this over, and point me in some sort of direction.

Looking to be putting down around 800, maybe put some giggle gas on it for racing, but does need to be able to tow around 15k.

What I hope to keep:
Compound setup- KC Stage2 with an s476
Injectors-either 250/75s or 250/100 hybrid
Hoping the oringed factory heads are still good
Odawg stage 2 intake
And fan hi pressure pump
Rcd pushrods and valve springs
Rcd cam if its not hurt, to save some money
Arp 625s are gonna get used again

Parts im gonna need:
Block
Rods- any recommendations on whose?
Pistons- should I delip and valve cut? Valve cuts probably not needed for the,cam I'm gonna run, but should I do it? And coating the pistons? What about brand? Mahle ok? Thats whats in it now, just stock replacements.
Should I step to total seal rings or something?
If the cam is hurt, gonna change for a colt stage 2 I think. Wasnt real happy with the rcd, but will a stage 3 or some larger cam help at all?
Hoping the crank aint hurt, if it is, anything better than stock out there? Stroker maybe?
Should I stud the bed plate?
Had arp rod bolts in, probably gonna do another set of those.
If the heads are hurt, thinking of doing aluminum heads from kill devil, with o rings

Anything else I'm missing, I'm hoping someone will catch and give me a heads up.

If this is wayyyy too much right now, may put a stock motor back in, and save my pennies... :doh:

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

co04cobra

Reaction score
What high psi pump ? They are some coin, but I would LOVE to see you do a set of the aluminum heads on that build.

If you need a block I'll cut you a good deal on one.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
What high psi pump ? They are some coin, but I would LOVE to see you do a set of the aluminum heads on that build.

If you need a block I'll cut you a good deal on one.
Its a cnc Fab pump. Early style pump, as my truck is an 04. Hoping to keep it, as I think the other idea would be a thumper 2 and new set of branch tubes, but another grand or so on top of all this is gonna hurt...

Thanks on the offer for the,block, may have one lined up though, gonna talk more to the guy on Monday. I'll let ya lnow if it falls thru though.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Thats rough ....I recomend taking a look at dynamic diesel kits, I've have very good luck with them, they grind some awsome cams as well.

Latest posts

Members online