Berman's 7.3 build

dsberman94

Reaction score
Job loss happened after thread was originally started. Have new job. Pays decent. Ordered tunes.

Tunes are currently writing for stock HPOP. Not a dead stock HPOP but a stock HPOP, which means whether I find a good stock HPOP or a t500 they will work with either.

And yea I did start a threads. Now I'm gonna go rub it in someone's face about how they've been waiting for times for over a month now from a company.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
You got a sweet camo or Ford racing steering wheel cover you could do a writeup on? I mean, they are hard to install when they're new.

Dude! new steering wheel covers suck balls to get on.. lol.

Well I may or may not have ordered tunes from gearhead at 2 this afternoon and I may or may not have them in my inbox since 6:46 tonight.

And here comes the hate and the name calling.

You are some kind of special...

I like to see how these tunes fix icp... LOL

Needs hpop, buys tunes after lamenting his job loss LOL

no doubt..

494de2a38b630ae3348d87c8e1a5bfdfe62dbb_zps5b14476f.jpg

I dont know how many times I have said that to him...

live life full throttle

TyCorr

Reaction score
Php isnt bad. I dont have trouble getting help. I got a tow tune in 3 days.

dsberman94

Reaction score
This guy was charged a month ago and never received his tunes. He keeps calling, they say they'll check with bill and call back and he never gets a call back.

dsberman94

Reaction score
However the above is really none of my concern.

Well since I'm in a learning mood, maybe one of you could explain to me why low icp is bad. What happens different between good icp and bad or low icp?

mustube

Reaction score
Like too many other businesses in diesel performance, php has a great product but is lacking customer service. It's hit or miss on how quick you get what you pay for. I only ordered a hydra chip but they shipped it within a couple of days. If you want quick tunes, order from Matt at gearhead.
ICP is what actuates the injectors, if you don't have good ICP, then you don't have a good injection event. That can show itself several different ways but your truck will run like ****.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
I waited a week then called and got my hydra shipped out. I ordered the week they changed shops so I expected a short delay. I called and spoke to Angie I think last summer and she has the tracking number in my email before we hung up. Got through pretty easily too. Their tunes are cheaper than most other companies which is why I was going to go for them but I didn't want to wait for how ever long it would take.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Well, haven’t touched this in almost 4 years.

Finally got a built motor put in the truck and I’m finally enjoying it again. Still wrapping up some loose ends but it’s enjoyable.

Massaged, rebuilt long block from the classifieds out of a 96. Converted it all to go in a superduty. Bored .20 over with comp 410s, smith bros, and new injector cups. Looks like head studs as well.
Kept the t500 and shortly getting an irate fuel system to keep fuel pressure.
A set of full force 250/200 ordered through Jelibuilt with jelibuilt tunes as well and an S369sxe charger on an irate t4 kit. Wrapped the uppipes and downpipe with titanium heat wrap before install. Also irate aluminum intake plenums.
Waiting on the riffraff boost fooler and the edge eas stuff and the stainless bung to weld into the cold side pipe for a boost reading. Also need to retap the manifold for the egt as I got new manifolds for this block.

It’s got plenty of power and the turbo lights quick. Probably the same as a 38r. Minimal smoke even leaning into it in OD. And a little puff on heavy takeoff from a stop. Had an issue with pipe fitment on the t4 kit on the intake. Intake didn’t want to clear the ccv doghouse and the boot the shop got coming off the turbo to the hot side pipe is too long. Might get the piping powder coated black eventually also but I’m just driving it for now.

36ffd2601fa4b1117e320896cc527cae.jpg
b14413d82dc90048a33278f43ea551d7.jpg

Latest posts

Members online