E4OD with 12v

Clipper

Reaction score
Hi all, my swap has been done for about 2 years and I absolutely hate the way my trans shifts. I bought the Compushift control box like FordCummins suggested but I know nothing about tuning this thing and their customer support sucks. So anyone else use them and figure it out?

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score
Hi all, my swap has been done for about 2 years and I absolutely hate the way my trans shifts. I bought the Compushift control box like FordCummins suggested but I know nothing about tuning this thing and their customer support sucks. So anyone else use them and figure it out?

Call Ford Cummins back....talk with Sean....

They didn't recommend the compushift to me because lack of tuning ability.

Technology has come along way in the last 2yrs.

My understanding is to purchase the pcs controller.

Clipper

Reaction score
well thats great, but I'm not spending another $1,200 on a damn controller. bigstroker I wasn't talking about Fordcummins' support, they were very helpful, I had talked to and emailed someone at Compushift and everytime he basically told me that other people have figured it out, I could too. Guess I should have called them and had a conversation before I spent a crap ton of money on this paper weight.

samoht517

Reaction score
I would try and sell the compushift and get a pcs. I work at DeStroked and all we put in or sell/suggest to customers is PCS. They are super easy to tune and if you ever need help tuning it we can help

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score
well thats great, but I'm not spending another $1,200 on a damn controller. bigstroker I wasn't talking about Fordcummins' support, they were very helpful, I had talked to and emailed someone at Compushift and everytime he basically told me that other people have figured it out, I could too. Guess I should have called them and had a conversation before I spent a crap ton of money on this paper weight.

Well what I was getting at is maybe they can help you sell the compushift and get you into a PCS.

They told me this week don't buy the compushift as it is VERY hard to tune....

Clipper

Reaction score
yeah I'm thinking when I do a conversion in a crew cab next year that I might run a dodge trans. Well thanks for all the input guys, maybe I'll try to sell this thing when I can spare the money to get the PCS controller.

Clipper

Reaction score
well what about running a pre-powerstroke E4OD. I was told that they are equipped with controllers seperate from the pcm. So maybe grab one of those and do all the 4R100 upgrades and be able to skip buying the pcs or compushift controllers?

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
done that still not to friendly

well what about running a pre-powerstroke E4OD. I was told that they are equipped with controllers seperate from the pcm. So maybe grab one of those and do all the 4R100 upgrades and be able to skip buying the pcs or compushift controllers?

A 47RH, which came behind the first couple years of p pumped 12v's, is a pretty friendly. It has a fully mechanical valve body with electronic OD lockup, it doesn't get much simpler then that.

Latest posts

Members online