It Took Me Long Enough...

rat49f6

Reaction score
Fix the body line issue the right way and do cab mounts not by adjusting the bed ... The bed is level like it should be ... fix the problem don't bandaid stuff

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Fix the body line issue the right way and do cab mounts not by adjusting the bed ... The bed is level like it should be ... fix the problem don't bandaid stuff

I don't believe the body mounts are bad?

Although that could be my squeeking issue

B.Warning

Reaction score

It doesn't matter if you fix the cab bushings or not the bed still doesn't look right. In fact most likely cab bushings will make it worse by appearance. The bed should only be level if the suspension setup is dead on level. The truck has a natural rake to it and so should the bed. You don't just assume that since the bed is "level" that it's correct.

Not bashing on you Zach but...

This is Correct, notice the body line angle follows all the way through to the bed. Now imagine how much that would look like a$$ if I would've just put the bed on "level" and not make sure everything lined up and spaced the bed properly.
yduta6e6.jpg

This is incorrect, notice the body line and the angle the rockers are at compared to the bed. Depending on how the bed is fastened to the frame it's a super easy fix.

my5e4ena.jpg

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
Level the front up higher zac. Then check for level ness on the bed. Or jack it up till the cab is level then level the bed from there.

Jason

Reaction score
Throw a jack under the front end of the truck, and use a large level, placed under the cab, under the door like wherea step would mount. That's the most level/straight part of the truck. Get that leveled off...then put it on the bed. See how far off centered it is, take measurements from the front corner and rear corner. If it's a 1/4" higher in the front..you know how much needs to be fixed. Be much easier that way. That's how we leveled my '02..by using a level on the top of the bed, right behind the cab. Bastard was just barely like 1/32 off center, to the front with a leveling kit and f350 blocks (i used a 99 dually 4x4 vin number).

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Throw a jack under the front end of the truck, and use a large level, placed under the cab, under the door like wherea step would mount. That's the most level/straight part of the truck. Get that leveled off...then put it on the bed. See how far off centered it is, take measurements from the front corner and rear corner. If it's a 1/4" higher in the front..you know how much needs to be fixed. Be much easier that way. That's how we leveled my '02..by using a level on the top of the bed, right behind the cab. Bastard was just barely like 1/32 off center, to the front with a leveling kit and f350 blocks (i used a 99 dually 4x4 vin number).

That makes sense.. Instead of eyeballing it..

Thanks

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Well... trucks doing good. Its got a set of b code superduty springs under the back now... sits like two inches higher now and rides much better. Very happy