It Took Me Long Enough...

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Picked up a Powerstroke today. 1994.5 ECLB. Started life as an XLT SRW 250 PSD with a zf5(bench seat) PO bought a 1991 f350 dually with a blown 460 and put all the suspension under the powerstroke including the Kingpin D60. He was a farmer and also had horses so be made a flatbed for it. Kept the gooseneck hitch in it and built around it. The flatbed and frame under it will be pulled and cleaned and painted hopefully this weekend. Along with the wheels being painted black to hide the surface rust. Truck is 100% stock and has 146k miles. Needs one injector or maybe just solenoid, and the upper engine harness is ghetto rigged so its getting a new one. Member on here is selling me both.

Plans are:
Paint flatbed, frame, and wheels ASAP to clean it up..
Swap over speakers and HU from my idi
Convert all lighting on the trailer to LED and VHT tint them.
Build a new, better looking headache rack with 2 brake lights, back up lights, and two little blue linear LED emergency lights for the FD.
Clear headlights and marker lights with black housings from CP.
Dark tint.
Buff and polish paint to see how much it cleans up. Has been resprayed in last few years.
Matt's Tunes.
3.5" DP to 5" exhaust to 6/7(undecided). single black offset mitre cut stack.
Replace door hinges.
Install cab lights.
Install a new bumper pull hitch, because this one is NOT safe.
Install this 10" subwoofer somewhere
Maybe replace cab corners...
Drive it

Some are further up on the list than others. And I have no deadline in this, just doing it for personal satisfaction and having some fun.

Oh and huge thanks to Jim Sanders, aka rat49f6 for going with me to get this thing and giving it a better look than I can do. He's also the guy helping me with the harness and injector. Sure knows his 7.3's.

Last edited:

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
All rust on flatbed and chassis under it is just surface rust. So it wheels rust. Black paint will make it look SO much better. All the pics I got tonight, gonna go get it this weekend

e5yby3y4.jpg

7aqamety.jpg

3are4e3y.jpg

Paint looks funny in this picture for some reason, and the flatbed is not that red. Lol
uputu2ed.jpg

I can't wait to get this thing home and on the road...

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Awesome man! Hopefully I'm next to get back in a Powerstroke, I'm dying here lol.

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a TDI, wishing it was a Powerstroke

weazel

Reaction score
Congrats, and it's about time, I like the truck by the way

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

weazel

Reaction score
Before you paint the wheels hit them with a wire brush on a drill, should work on the bed as well

Dittmerdiesel

Reaction score
Don't rush all the painting. Take things apart and do it right. I always mess that up and want to drive the thing so I go too quick with rust removal and paint. You have another truck to drive so dont rush it.

weazel

Reaction score
Don't rush all the painting. Take things apart and do it right. I always mess that up and want to drive the thing so I go too quick with rust removal and paint. You have another truck to drive so dont rush it.

He's right

Also on the nightshade for the taillights, don't "prep" the surface with sand paper I've seen a dummy or 2 do that, and make sure they are clean, if you are sweaty it will make that stuff run

B.Warning

Reaction score
Our young little grasshopper is finally getting molded into a man.

Congrats on your balls finally dropping. Sh!t, I mean...congrats on the truck.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Congrats on leaving the "I wish I had a Power Stroke" club haha
I kinda want a little project truck like that(something that runs, but needs fixing up/TLC), but I don't have the time or space, should be a fun project though. What's your plan for the stack? Straight up through the bed?

Sent from the Bayou

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Congrats on leaving the "I wish I had a Power Stroke" club haha
I kinda want a little project truck like that(something that runs, but needs fixing up/TLC), but I don't have the time or space, should be a fun project though. What's your plan for the stack? Straight up through the bed?

Sent from the Bayou

Yeah. Want to build a nice headache rack and have the offset stack against it. On the driver side I'm gonna have a little square toolbox
And thanks! Hope you find something good soon bud. Lol

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Our young little grasshopper is finally getting molded into a man.

Congrats on your balls finally dropping. Sh!t, I mean...congrats on the truck.

Lol. Thanks man

Congrats on picking this truck up Zac.

looks good zac.....congrats. trucks got some serious potential!

Thanks guys! It'll be slow going on a HS budget but it'll get there. Nice having a truck a bit more worth it it to put some money into

Latest posts

Members online