7.3L torque specs.....

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
May want to put up torque specs for ARP studs.

Forgot about this one.. Sorry!!! Here it is.

ARP suggests following Ford recommended torque sequence when tightening there head studs.

First step should be done to 65 FTLB
Second step should be to 85 FTLB
Third step should be done to 105 FTLB
The forth and last step to 125 FTLB

Hot re torque done to the same specs. IMHO when that is done you can just start with 85 FTLB then go up from there.

old man dave

Reaction score
DieselInnovations (Good Old Dave Lott) has torque specs on their website for both complete factory and information on installing aftermarket studs.

friskyjake

Reaction score
manifold to head torque ?

I know they are a friction type fit just wondering if there is a torque spec?

pechroc1

Reaction score
So i'm doing the heads on a forged rod motor. it will have 238/80, 38r, dual fuel pumps and a t-500. Since i'm replacing the pan, does anyone think its necessary to go with stage 2 torque values with the rod studs?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
So i'm doing the heads on a forged rod motor. it will have 238/80, 38r, dual fuel pumps and a t-500. Since i'm replacing the pan, does anyone think its necessary to go with stage 2 torque values with the rod studs?

The specs for torquing the cap nuts on the rods would be.
Stage 1
53 ft.lbs.
Stage 2
80 ft.lbs.

The word "stage" is used to describe the steps needed to properly torque the cap nuts. It is not refering to differant levels of power holding.

The above specs mean the torque specs are done in two stages, or you could say two steps. First time ove you torque them to 53 ftlbs and the last time over you torque them to 80 ftlbs. Theses are the factory torque values. So yes, you need to do both steps.

pechroc1

Reaction score
The specs for torquing the cap nuts on the rods would be.
Stage 1
53 ft.lbs.
Stage 2
80 ft.lbs.

The word "stage" is used to describe the steps needed to properly torque the cap nuts. It is not refering to differant levels of power holding.

The above specs mean the torque specs are done in two stages, or you could say two steps. First time ove you torque them to 53 ftlbs and the last time over you torque them to 80 ftlbs. Theses are the factory torque values. So yes, you need to do both steps.
copy... so if im inspecting the rod bearings, i can reuse the studs/nuts.. correct? thx in advance

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.