Airdog on OBS?

Reaction score
Anyone have an Airdog or Fass on an OBS or even a SD 7.3?
The 4G seems to be a big upgrade from the original.
I am building a fuel system for my 96 project. I was going with 444 Fab, who I believe has the best all around system followed very closely by Irate. However, I opted to do my own engine plumbing because I wanted things just a little neater that either of these and I enjoy bending and fabbing lines. So I have everything back to the pump and filters covered. Just the pump and filters left to do. I was going to use a Racor R60P 30 micron F/W separator and a Cat 1R-0750 2 micron with a stock SD pump. I have always believed in the fuel air separation process provided by Airdog and Fass but didn't think I could afford it much less the dual tank issue. Then I fell into a deal on an Airdog I couldn't turn down. The DF-165-4G which is designed to run at 60 psi stand alone.
I used to think it wasn't possible with dual tanks and stock suction lines but after checking the install instructions for 99-03 7.3 trucks, I see they are drawing through the stock 5/16 suction lines (I have all 3/8). That left the issue of the second return to tank line..........so I see that on the 6.0 trucks they stopped running a new line from the air separator to the tanks and now tee it into the original return line. A quick call to Airdog and yes, it has been done! So away I go in a new direction. We will see.....

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I had an Air Dog. HAD. After a while it couldn't keep pressure up. Went with dual SD pumps. Are you using a regulator after it pressurized the heads?

78-79fordman

Reaction score
Should have just bought the twin pump kit from 444fab u could buy just the pump and filter part no regulated return.

78-79fordman

Reaction score
Or u could just build it similar to 444fab my 444fab dual kit . I have a feel this is what u will do in the end .

Attachments

• 20190627_235746.jpg
    20190627_235746.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 83

m j

Reaction score
you can make any filter head in to an air separator.
extend the center down a ways with a tube, drill a small air release vent in the top that plumbs to the return. bingo air separator.
this does F all just like the rest of them on our fuel system but its way cheaper then spending a grand on a gimic pump.

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
you can make any filter head in to an air separator.
extend the center down a ways with a tube, drill a small air release vent in the top that plumbs to the return. bingo air separator.
this does F all just like the rest of them on our fuel system but its way cheaper then spending a grand on a gimic pump.

Can you elaborate on that a little more? I don't follow.

Reaction score
Funny you should say that..... I had a deal on a used AD Gen4 (the only one I’d consider running as designed) that fell through.
The real focus is on filtration, water separation, air separation and reliability.
What I really want is SD stock pump reliability AND Airdog / FASS air separation. So one plan was to make an adapter plate and run SD pump.
So now I’m looking for a cheap dead Airdog or FASS to use the secondary filter head. Airdog has a commercial division and they have a stand alone called the Airdog Champ but it ain’t cheap either....

Latest posts

Members online