Oil color after ********

Jomax

Reaction score
I did and still confused. I need a comparison chart for the pros and cons of each tuner. I need stuff written down so I can read and compare. I am clueless to this new tuning stuff. I could tell you this, I don't want anything on my cell phone. I am old school.

Also, I want to be able to speak with the person writing the tunes. I hate going through a middle man. Going through a middle man, issue(s) could get misconstrued and not fixed which wasted both of our time.

Billy T.

[email protected]

Gear head(Alberta speed) is Mike.

Go with an SCT tuner through Mike with gerhed tunes and SOTF.

I would then add on an CTS2 edge monitor to monitor egts.

My 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Sct x4 or GTX if you want a monitor. 5 position sotf switch, exhaust, and whatever else you wish to compliment it. Shoot me a message if i can help, or get with Mike, or give us a call!

gnxtc2

Reaction score

My 2 cents.

Not a fan of GH tunes, had them for the 7.3 way too conservative for me. After running Swamps, DynoProven and Tyrant tunes, the GH tunes felt like a stock truck.

Sct x4 or GTX if you want a monitor. 5 position sotf switch, exhaust, and whatever else you wish to compliment it. Shoot me a message if i can help, or get with Mike, or give us a call!

I'm clueless what is a x4, GTX, CTS monitor is? What is the difference between them? Does the x4, GTX, CTS come with tunes? How many tunes do they hold? Is it like a Hydra or TS chip? Remember guys, I'm coming from an OBS 7.3 platform where we have chips and gauges for vitals. I know the 5 position soft switch.

I run FAST XFI for the racecar which a totally different platform.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
GTX is the latest tuner/monitor from sct. We can do Tyrant tunes as well. X4 is just the handheld, plug in, tune, remove device from sct. You can do pillar gauges as well if you do prefer that style. I have a triple pillar in my truck, and the ezlynk using my iPod Touch as my screen. Tons of different options, all in what you would personally prefer.

Jomax

Reaction score
Not a fan of GH tunes, had them for the 7.3 way too conservative for me. After running Swamps, DynoProven and Tyrant tunes, the GH tunes felt like a stock truck.

I'm clueless what is a x4, GTX, CTS monitor is? What is the difference between them? Does the x4, GTX, CTS come with tunes? How many tunes do they hold? Is it like a Hydra or TS chip? Remember guys, I'm coming from an OBS 7.3 platform where we have chips and gauges for vitals. I know the 5 position soft switch.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Well.. GH put down one of the highest HP. And I can tell you it wasn’t conservative.

Seems you have your mind on tyrant. Go for that.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
That's why I'm seriously thinking about getting rid of all the emission crap off my '16. Just not very versed in all the different types of tuners out there. I want something like my 6 position TS chip that I have in my '97 where I can change tunes on the fly.

Billy T.
[email protected]
Get rid of it asap.. and see below.

My 2 cents.

This ^^^

Billy T.
[email protected]
Gh is not conservative compared to the p i p tunes i had. Gh makes more power and is smoke free on my 12. I dont have track times to back it up but i do have them for the old p i p tunes. Gh definitely has more mid and top end power and is more responsive with my bd throttle sensitivity booster then the p i p tunes where.. only complaint i have is that i lost 2mpg when i switched.
Well.. GH put down one of the highest HP. And I can tell you it wasn’t conservative.

Seems you have your mind on tyrant. Go for that.

live life full throttle
Mike even said tyrant smoke more..

Also, g h trans tunes are great!

treatcg

Reaction score
Is mpg worse with Tyrant since it smokes more. Assuming the smoke is coming from over fueling? I am ******** this summer and plan to use either GH or Tyrant.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Get rid of it asap.. and see below. This ^^^Gh is not conservative compared to the p i p tunes i had. Gh makes more power and is smoke free on my 12. I dont have track times to back it up but i do have them for the old p i p tunes. Gh definitely has more mid and top end power and is more responsive with my bd throttle sensitivity booster then the p i p tunes where.. only complaint i have is that i lost 2mpg when i switched.

live life full throttle
Mike even said tyrant smoke more..

Also, g h trans tunes are great!

Since I have a '16, does GH retain the exhaust brake?

Billy T.
[email protected]

Latest posts

Members online