Radiator upgrade?

ford rules

Reaction score
My impression of Mishimoto is that it's hit or miss...

Same, my stocker went 90,000 so if another goes that long id be happy. I haven't heard many mishimotos going that long but ill still consider.

Black AOD

Reaction score
My impression of Mishimoto is that it's hit or miss...

I would have agreed with you two years ago. I think they've made a lot of leaps and bounds with their newer units and really pushed the envelope to battle the radiator flex issues that these trucks seem to have. 6.7's seem to be not as bad as 6.4's though so...

Notneb

Reaction score
I would have agreed with you two years ago. I think they've made a lot of leaps and bounds with their newer units and really pushed the envelope to battle the radiator flex issues that these trucks seem to have. 6.7's seem to be not as bad as 6.4's though so...

That's actually good to hear, seeing as the stock raditors are stupid expensive. While reason I went with a steel mesh grille is because my 2012 took a rock through the main, write up was $3k...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
That's actually good to hear, seeing as the stock raditors are stupid expensive. While reason I went with a steel mesh grille is because my 2012 took a rock through the main, write up was $3k...

i would say we've sold 8-10 of the mishimoto with no issues as of yet.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score

new OEM radiator is $557 wholesale. I see far fewer issues out of OEM than aftermarket. YMMV

BigJerm7

Reaction score
I'm thinking about going back to the factory radiator. I'll be installing my 3rd Mishimoto on Friday. 1st Mishimoto lasted less than a year, 2nd right at a year. Stock one went at 70. I'm getting tired of putting radiators in once a year.

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

Sorry to hear about some of the issues with your vehicles. Unfortunately, the 6.4 and 6.7 Powerstrokes have shown significant signs of chassis flex during our testing. This flex, in most situations, is taken out of the front cooling stack. I've worked with customers who have had 8 failures in less than one year, two of which were ours, the remainder were OEM or other aftermarket manufacturers. Over the years, we've made several revisions to radiators designed for both vehicles in an attempt to counter the flex. With the most up to date versions, we've seen very impressive results. If you do happen to have an issue, we're still backing up our products with the lifetime warranty despite the well-documented issue.

If you have any further questions or concerns regarding Mishimoto products for your vehicle, please reach out to us directly for the most prompt and accurate information.

[email protected] or 302.762.4501.

Thanks
-Jake

BigJerm7

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. I have installed the replacement. We will see how long this one lasts. It doesn't look any different than the one I put in last year.

RyanD

Reaction score
I did both radiators over Thanksgiving weekend, OEM from Sunrise (about $1000 shipped) - so far so good. I took Sootie's advice and stuck with OEM. If I get 80-100K out of these I will be very happy.

Both were sh**ting out of the typical 6.7 leak spot - driver's side lower seam.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
I did both radiators over Thanksgiving weekend, OEM from Sunrise (about $1000 shipped) - so far so good. I took Sootie's advice and stuck with OEM. If I get 80-100K out of these I will be very happy.

Both were sh**ting out of the typical 6.7 leak spot - driver's side lower seam.
You're the first I heard of Auxillary radiator leaking.Interesting

Jomax

Reaction score
Never understood the leaking rads. Sold my 2015 with 120k and never had an issue. And I can guarantee no one made the frame flex more then I did on that truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powderhound

Reaction score
Has anyone ran into issues getting warranty to cover it if the truck is d e l e t e d?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Got out of truck earlier and got a whif of coolant smell.. Looks to be a seep on drivers side. Havent dug into it to verify though.

live life full throttle

Chris129

Reaction score
Got out of truck earlier and got a whif of coolant smell.. Looks to be a seep on drivers side. Havent dug into it to verify though.

live life full throttle

Damn sorry to hear that man. I was considering upgrading to mishimoto, but keep hearing bad reviews. Hope you get them replaced under warranty!

F150orelse

Reaction score
Damn sorry to hear that man. I was considering upgrading to mishimoto, but keep hearing bad reviews. Hope you get them replaced under warranty!

Just got my mishimoto replacement radiator, I had the original for 2 years 50k miles. The new version has rubber end mounts so there won’t be anymore flexing the radiator. We’ll see how it holds up. Thought about ordering the secondary. I’ve had plenty of mishimoto radiators in the past on different vehicles so the build quality is good to me.

Latest posts

Members online