175/80 idle haze

Bmcgarvie

Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking. I’ll pm Tim. I’ll email Pis. And I’ve emailed some logs to ********. So hopefully it is all in the tuning cause the truck runs great just a couple little quirks. Mostly the hazing and rough idle warm. The lope was the first time today and made me think something icp/ipr related. Thanks for all the info. This place is great.

Peroni

Reaction score
At least he should say what needs to be done to fix the 175/80s

Would LOVE to hear something about this. It's been over 2yrs and numerous tuners later and no one can seem to get these injectors right. Fed up to the point that when warmer weather comes round I'm contemplating pulling them out and sending to Unlimited or Rosewood for a checkup.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I haven’t had any issues with mine since I put them in a few years ago other than having very light blue smoke but that could be because I beat the piss out of the truck. It could be any number of things including the mileage.

superpsd

Reaction score
Curious as well to know why that injector size has so many issues. My home built 350/200 B codes are extremely clean even below freezing. And my parameters that control idle are the same as a stock calibration tune.

mandkole

Reaction score
Curious as well to know why that injector size has so many issues. My home built 350/200 B codes are extremely clean even below freezing. And my parameters that control idle are the same as a stock calibration tune.

My chip files haze more than my stock pcm file does. How much pw is your stock calibration commanding at 30-35f? Does your eot reference actual temp? I've had an issue of the eot defaulting to 65-70 even though it's 30f. There's supposed to be more timing at 30 than 70. Do you run 15-40?

superpsd

Reaction score
15w40 year around with standard direct drive starter. 300K on engine. I want to say idle is about 1.0-1.1MS. EOT works fine. IPR, ICP and EOT all have less than 10K miles. ICP and EOT are motorcraft and IPR was a rebuilt IPR from the now closed Dynoproven. I do have the blower creating mild intake pressure at idle but I have had the belt off and idle haze was not much different. The B codes do have a higher VOP which may help them stay cleaner. Maybe.

Last edited:

mandkole

Reaction score
Gotcha, all the php files command 1.5-1.6ms on cold start. When hot @ 1.4. The stock pcm file is 1.1.

TMCCOY

Reaction score
I've got the same injectors from PIS. I had some of this initially and over time it went away. First, give it some time. I had hazing for a while after install and it went away by 150 miles. The remaining hazing was twofold: 1) 38R and 2) the tunes. Tunes are critical. I had custom from both GH and PHP and there were qualities of each that were good but neither were great. I tried the 1023 tunes once RiffRaff started selling them. If Clay is selling them, I bought with confidence. The 1023 tunes are definitely better than the prior tunes. Second and lastly, the 38R was replaced with the 364.5 SXE and that took care of any other hazing. Truck runs better than ever now.

Bmcgarvie

Reaction score
I had about 1500 miles on the setup and still hazing. And funky idle when warm. I just replaced the ipr tonight so hopefully after the air is gone in the system it'll help things. Also when I disconnect my icp sensor my reading on my infinity don't really change. They still read about 950 at 17% for a 40 degree cold start. Aren't they suppose to even out at some base?

Latest posts

Members online