Real Tuning

F

Floorboard79

As expected, huge difference to me. I don't find myself cussing at the truck shifting or not shifting. I drove thru some mountains today, some normal traffic and some highway mixed with two lane yesterday and today.

Feels like the torque is finally being utilized now. Shift pattern is similar to stock, Keeps you in high gear under low load situations, firm smooth shifts but not hard, i could stand them to be a little firmer, torque convertor is quicker to lockup in the lower gears, Im not sure but i believe lockup in 3rd and maybe second? i will pay more attention. Before, during normal driving I only noticed lockup late in 4th gear, even pulling a hill accelerating, which was extremely frustrating. Also there used to be an annoying lag, say coming down a hilll with exhaust brake on at ~40 mph, start back into it with minimal throttle and she would just hang there at 2500 rpm and i would be cussing shift you @!#$%. That seems to be improved.

Overall, crisp firm shifts, more efficient shift pattern and more tq convertor lockup. I will confirm if there is lockup in 2nd or 3rd now in normal driving.

Feel a little better putting some power thru her now

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I was waiting for this to purchase tunes and D.Elete for the new truck. I know patriot was out there but I just had a bad feeling about them. I hope my bad feeling was wrong for all the guys they went that route, and that patriot tunes doesn’t cause problems. I just wanted to go the ez link route. And a damn sure hope I wasn’t wrong for that.��

hit me up if i can help !

Black AOD

Reaction score
Ya well i've been enjoying the hel! out of my Patriot tuned truck laying down 9 million horse power while you guys have been waiting around with stock HP tunes. :poke:

I kid..........I'm looking forward to seeing results. Gives all of us more options.

9 million. That must be one big Turbo.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Everyone I know that has it says its great. And that's probably 15 different people i've talked to.

BK39

Reaction score
Anyone care to give some reviews on the new trans tuning?

lol, ya 40+ pages of people jumping up and down for this to come out, it comes out and.......................crickets. :shrug: I guess everyone too busy enjoying it. Kubota about the only response on here.

Black AOD

Reaction score
This is PPEI tunes correct? Who else offers tunes for these trucks on the EZ Lynk platform? Getting all my ducks in a row for tax refund season goodies
PPEI. GDP. Tyrant. Dark Horse. SPE. There's quite a few.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

F

Floorboard79

lol, ya 40+ pages of people jumping up and down for this to come out, it comes out and.......................crickets. :shrug: I guess everyone too busy enjoying it. Kubota about the only response on here.

Still enjoying the fck out of it driving like it should stock. MPG has picked up a few tenths in my around town stop and go traffic commute BS

Quigs4u

Reaction score
PPEI. GDP. Tyrant. Dark Horse. SPE. There's quite a few.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I haven’t found a programmer that will allow me to adjust speedo for my 40” Tires. Forescan limits adjustment at 35” or so. Will this be a problem with the computer and the TCM tuning?
The computer thinks the truck still has the factory wheel and tire setup. I’m wondering how that effects converter lockup, shift points etc.

Latest posts

Members online