Shifter knob/OD knob fix

chaselee

Reaction score
Ok guys my knob on the column shifter vibrates/buzzes when I'm sitting idle. Absolutely drives me nuts, to the point where I sit there and hold it if I have to idle for more than a few secs. Is there anyway to tighten it up? I don't see a set screw or anything on it. I about to the point of running a bead of super glue around the seam where it meets the shifter arm.

Chris2590

Reaction score
I’d like to know too. Mine doesn’t make noise at an idle but when I’m going down the road it makes a bunch of noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peroni

Reaction score
Pull the end cap off and remove the switch. Carefully take the switch apart, you want to get to the little compression spring under the button. Either stretch it or replace it with one a bit stronger.

Mine rattled going down the road and drove me nuts, I did the above and hasn't bothered me since. You might want to go ahead and get a new shift lever end cap before you start. The tabs like to break off and then the cap will rattle or come off in your hand.

Peroni

Reaction score
I used a razor blade and carefully pried the cap off but still managed to break one of the tabs. Part # F2UZ-7A214-CA I got mine from Ford it was under $10.