Coolant recovery tank

psmike

Reaction score
I have the Psp windshield wiper tank.. its very very well made.. saving up for the Recovery tank an valve covers..

Got4wd

Reaction score
I just spent 30 min looking on the net. Can't believe they are all gone. Shoot. The old crap ones are selling for 100 bucks on eBay.

Reaction score
Well that is good for PSP I guess, maybe they will lower their price with more volume. I put a new tank on the 96 lately mostly because it was discolored and looked brittle. I must of had it 4 years before I had a reason to drain the coolant. Now I have the discolored one for a spare and plans to buy an aluminum one when I can! Wonder how many things I would have bought and laid away if I knew...
It is crap like this that makes me even more determined to keep my OBS and continue to keep it mechanically near perfect.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
You can check Tasca Ford Parts, they often list stuff on ebay and have weird stuff in stock that may not show on the national search.

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/ShoppingCart.aspx

However, I found a NOS one in my stash of stuff, check your PMs.

Call Tasca.....zilch, nothing,

Sight glass for coolant level.

Billy T.
[email protected]

markfuga

Reaction score
I have a used one from a 96 that had 170K miles. Tank is fine, just didn't use it as part of the engine swap project. I used a SD tank instead due to space constraints. Tank fits in a large flat rate box so $20 for shipping and $20 for the tank?? I'm 4 hours by car from you so if I have it in the mail tomorrow you'll have it Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

Tom S

Reaction score
Those Dorman ones in other Fords suck bad. I have had issues with the coolant camp threads note being right to where cap could pop off. That is super lame that Ford no longer makes those. I am glad I replaced mine a ways back.

Reaction score
Since my wife plans to drive this truck till she dies I think I will put a PSP tank on the list to buy even though I just recently changed the plastic one, had been sitting on a new Ford one for a while.

kip4234

Reaction score
They are not Obsolete at all they are having a tooling issue we might not see any until FEB 2018 F6TZ.8A080.EA

old man dave

Reaction score
They are not Obsolete at all they are having a tooling issue we might not see any until FEB 2018 F6TZ.8A080.EA

Probably just like the e99 y piece where the list price went from $120 to $450 when they tooled up new ones after the original stock ran out.

gnxtc2

Reaction score

So what does one do when the degas bottle is cracked and leaking??? Don't drive the truck until Fed 2018 hoping that Ford will start producing the bottles again?

--------------

Thanks to everyone that sent me PMs offering me a bottles new and used.

I bought one from PSP Diesel. The bottles are made by Moroso. PSP has exclusive rights to the bottles and can not be bought directly from Moroso.

When you go one PSP's site, it says it's on back order but they have them in stock. Email the owner Stephen to confirm availibility [email protected] He gets back to you in a timely manner.

The bottle is a quality piece. The tank has internal baffles like the OEM (not pictured) Fit is perfect, no complaints

Be careful installing the tanks as the starter relay is right by it. Make sure the terminals are covered to prevent any shorting or disconnect the batteries so you don't short out the terminals and put a hole in your new tank :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

Notice the leak

Oefy8hC.jpg

cGZLiup.jpg

L2G1A8O.jpg

7kxv53o.jpg

gccIxyI.jpg

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online