Remote start from phone

FordPSD64

Reaction score
So I’ve seen some guys talking about being able to add the smart link modules to their truck and be able to use the fordpass app to start their trucks from their phones, but I have yet to see anything about it on here which leaves me skeptical, so idk how true it is. These are the part numbers they said worked. I don’t know if anyone can confirm or deny this. But if it’s true I definitely would like to have it.

Part numbers:

DL3Z-19A390-B
FT4Z-19A361-A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOUTX01X

Reaction score
I have it on my ‘11 it works well and was easy to install. It’ll send text and email if something triggers your alarm.

FastFord

Reaction score
Ford Pass does not work on the 2017, least not when I did mine. Have to use Ford Remote Access. Very easy install and should he in the 350 to 450 range for install. If the dealer is charging more they are ****ing u over. Need Ford to activate it on line. 50 bucks a year subscription. Ford diesel mechanic friend of mine had mine installed and started my truck off his laptop before I even had the app installed and setup. Way better then any aftermarket starter out there.

C2tuck

Reaction score
Well sunrise want close to $600 just for parts at a discounted rate on here.

HOUTX01X

Reaction score
So I have remote access not ford pass.didnt know there was a difference. Anyway, it is $50 yearly fee. I have to occasionally park in shady areas so it is nice for me to get quick alerts. It will trigger the alarm if someone hits window, climbs in your bed or open the door without unlocking it.

Money well spent

C2tuck

Reaction score
So I have remote access not ford pass.didnt know there was a difference. Anyway, it is $50 yearly fee. I have to occasionally park in shady areas so it is nice for me to get quick alerts. It will trigger the alarm if someone hits window, climbs in your bed or open the door without unlocking it.

Money well spent

Who is yours made by?

FordPSD64

Reaction score
Ford Pass does not work on the 2017, least not when I did mine. Have to use Ford Remote Access. Very easy install and should he in the 350 to 450 range for install. If the dealer is charging more they are ****ing u over. Need Ford to activate it on line. 50 bucks a year subscription. Ford diesel mechanic friend of mine had mine installed and started my truck off his laptop before I even had the app installed and setup. Way better then any aftermarket starter out there.

Does remote access allow you to track the vehicle as well? Because that is one of the main things I would like to have. I work out of town a lot so I wold like the ability to track my vehicle from work

Jomax

Reaction score
I thought trucks with sync 3 had this pre loaded? You just had to install the app? I need to loook into this lol

PDT1081

Reaction score
Does remote access allow you to track the vehicle as well? Because that is one of the main things I would like to have. I work out of town a lot so I wold like the ability to track my vehicle from work

No. Remote Access is simply all the control of your keyfob on your phone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171221-051536.jpg
    Screenshot_20171221-051536.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 103

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
So remote access will start the truck also if your truck doesn't have remote start from factory?

What are part numbers ? Or is just a module and can be set up with ids?

Dusten

Reaction score
I thought trucks with sync 3 had this pre loaded? You just had to install the app? I need to loook into this lol

the new 17's don't have the sync modem, so you have to install additional parts. I just tried this today and was doing reading on it.

Latest posts