Irate e-fuel

jvc1990

Reaction score
Has any one installed the new irate e-fuel system.the routing of the hard line’s,and bend’s are supposed to be better?will be using on obs 7.3 with factory turbo.i like the regulated return from strictly diesel & new pump design from irate.i think that would be a pretty good setup.if anyone has the new design installed from irate what is your opinion on it.pics would be nice if you have any to post.thanks

Reaction score
I like some of the features of this system, filter head is neat and clean. However, if that Deatsch Werks fails on a trip will a stock SD pump fit? Also, The hardlines and location of the regulator are not symetrical which bothers me (OCD?) The hardlines on top of the engine are not supported as far as I can see, that bugs me too. I need to decide on a fuel system this week, there is no perfect one....

mandkole

Reaction score
For the obs just do the single stock Bosch. I wouldn't get involved w aftermarket pumps on an obs upgrade.

Last edited:

Strokersace

Reaction score
I installed on last year on my old OBS. I had the same concerns as you, however, it's sturdy and doesn't move. The nice thing about the reg being off center is that you have no restrictions down into the valley, which I liked.

I didn't do the Irate filters and pump. But I agree went with the stock SD Bosch pump for the reason of reliability and ease of finding replacements if something happens on the road.

superpsd

Reaction score
Especially for AC codes. Just run a SD pump and be done. A single SD pump supports like over 200cc injectors. And if you need more just plumb a second pump in.

old man dave

Reaction score
The Bean's kit uses the stock flex fuel return lines that are unequal length to hook up to the aftermarket regulator. Good enough for factory and worked good enough for me. The aftermarket Aeromotive regulator has what amounts to a mixing chamber before the regulating parts, presumably equalizing pressure between the two return hoses, same as factory.

If you need a somewhat bigger fuel pump than the stock SD, look into a Bosch -044, will support up into the 500hp range without a problem. Metric fittings are available to adapt to the stock SD configuration or to AN. Only real problem is avoiding the cheap chinese ripoffs since they are real popular with the Japanese hyper performance car folks.

Last edited:

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
The 044 requires a 1/2" suction line, so more mods are needed behind the pump. As long as you properly pre-filter the fuel, I have no issues with a walbro pump which will support 450hp

Latest posts

Members online