Questions for you '17 owners

Turdchucker22

Reaction score
Looking at leftover '17's...
1) what are you Getting mpg? Weight loss vs government approved? Stock height?

2) what are some of the major issues known right now?

3) if you're willing, what did you pay otd for whatever trim level you have.

4) what are the things you cannot get on a king ranch ultimate that you get with a platinum? Is the platinum that big of a step up?

I know there was a mpg thread Awhile back, but now that you guys are getting some miles on them and breaking them in it would be a nice update. I would be coming from a 6.4L which so far has been good to me. A nice review of your truck would be greatly appreciated. Your likes and dislikes etc..

BK39

Reaction score
4) what are the things you cannot get on a king ranch ultimate that you get with a platinum? Is the platinum that big of a step up?
I know there was a mpg thread Awhile back, but now that you guys are getting some miles on them and breaking them in it would be a nice update. I would be coming from a 6.4L which so far has been good to me. A nice review of your truck would be greatly appreciated. Your likes and dislikes etc..

1: MPG has so many variables. You'll see similar mileage to what you have now with your 6.4. Or no less than 1 mpg drop if any. My truck on 35s did 15 town, 17 highway stock. Tuned, it does around the same at this point, but fuel also changed same time i did weight loss, so hoping it'll do slightly better come summer.
2: None that I know of.
3: Bought mine when they first came out, there wasn't much money to be saved.
4: not sure
No dislikes, love the truck. If you're coming from a tuned 6.4l. You'll be disappointed in power until you tune this one. Not saying there is anything wrong with them stock, they just don't put you back in the seat like a tuned 6.4.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
Bought a lariat dually that is optioned out weird as in it doesn't have lariat value pack aka heated/cooled seats but it does have a sunroof back up camera nav etc, sticker was 66/67 I believe and I got it out the door for 55 so I bought it. I didn't know it didn't have heated seats until I got it home but it was black on black and had a sunroof so I'll survive

Black AOD

Reaction score
2017 F350 CCLB Platinum SRW

I'm lowered below stock height but still on stock tires and wheels, emissions are intact. Averaging 15.5 City/Highway driving. On highway only, I've been able to get and maintain 20-21 MPG but I had to drive very carefully to maintain that mileage.

No issues with these trucks really that I can tell. Som early TSB's for the 16 Manf. date trucks but those aren't a huge deal. All the little issues from the 11-16s were remedied with the 17/18 trucks from what I see.

King Ranch/Platinum/Limited are basically all the same, you're just picking which Grille, wheels and what color interior you want basically.

Lariat Ultimate comes with everything the other 3 do EXCEPT they do not come standard with power running boards or the massaging seats. Everything else can be added in the options

Sticker price was 80k on my truck but I paid MUCH LESS because they came so far off sticker plus rebates/incentives and my old 6.4 got traded in on it too

Jomax

Reaction score
I get about 15mpg but I drive it hard. When I let my brother drive it on a trip to CA, he was averaging 80mph And got 16mpg.

You won’t get better MPG losing weight.

I’m also lowered on 4400springs and no rear block.
I went for the Kingranch for the massage seats and leather. I believe massage seats only come in the platinum and King ranch.

For my truck I paid $69k before TTL. In AZ it’s super high..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dusten

Reaction score

Just bought a left over 17. Sticker was 73,500. I paid 65,500 before taxes. I didn't include taxes because my state gives credit for trade in and I traded a paid off Tahoe that they gave me 39k for.

Ccsb f350 with lariat ultimate, quad headlights, tow tech and a few other things.

1c6fbec31342ccde06440ad018464faf.jpg

Magicman129

Reaction score
Mine was about what his above me was, Lariat Ultimate 74ish I paid 66 before tax.
I would say 8-10 k off sticker is a good deal depending on trim level from what I have seen on here

50_shooter

Reaction score
My old man has a 17, and he put a fuel tank in the bed. It wasn't tied down. It slid into the corner of the bed and punched a hole in it. It would have never happened on a steel bed. These new trucks are nothing but a tin can. I am so disappointed at Ford for pushing this junk ass aluminum bodies. I am afraid my next truck will not be a Ford. There are other things too that pizz me off. I hate the cabs. The 11-16 had deep pockets by your right knee that would actually hold something, these are useless. The 11-16 had a storage compartment on the dash with 12v that was perfect for a radar detector, it's been removed on the f150 cab. Also, I don't think the seats are as plush on the 17 plat compared to my 14 plat. Probably because the massage mechanism. I also don't like that they are taller. Hard to work out of. Bottom line, I think they took a perfect truck and ***ked it up. Jmho

Jomax

Reaction score
I’m sorry a full tank of fuel sliding would’ve put a hole in a steel bed as well..

Chevy is going to go aluminum and I’m sure one day dodge.

Dusten

Reaction score
My old man has a 17, and he put a fuel tank in the bed. It wasn't tied down. It slid into the corner of the bed and punched a hole in it. It would have never happened on a steel bed. These new trucks are nothing but a tin can. I am so disappointed at Ford for pushing this junk ass aluminum bodies. I am afraid my next truck will not be a Ford. There are other things too that pizz me off. I hate the cabs. The 11-16 had deep pockets by your right knee that would actually hold something, these are useless. The 11-16 had a storage compartment on the dash with 12v that was perfect for a radar detector, it's been removed on the f150 cab. Also, I don't think the seats are as plush on the 17 plat compared to my 14 plat. Probably because the massage mechanism. I also don't like that they are taller. Hard to work out of. Bottom line, I think they took a perfect truck and ***ked it up. Jmho

Weird. I've had every iteration of a ford diesel since 96. And this is by far and away my favorite yet.

FWIW on the aluminum and weight. I weighed my 08 CC SB with the lift, and me out of it, it weighs in at about 8400lbs. The tires don't weigh that much more than stock, and it's fully ******d, so its got 100-200lbs of junk missing. My 17 CC SB weighed in tonight at 7780. So almost 700lbs lighter.

50_shooter

Reaction score
I’m sorry a full tank of fuel sliding would’ve put a hole in a steel bed as well..

Chevy is going to go aluminum and I’m sure one day dodge.

Negative. I'm not talking about sliding very far, more like 2 inches and rubbing a hole in it. Sitting in front of the wheel wells. Trust me I wish it wasn't so. My truck has 115k on it and I'm ready for a new one, but I can't stomach the idea that the body is so delicate.

Jomax

Reaction score
Negative. I'm not talking about sliding very far, more like 2 inches and rubbing a hole in it. Sitting in front of the wheel wells. Trust me I wish it wasn't so. My truck has 115k on it and I'm ready for a new one, but I can't stomach the idea that the body is so delicate.

Doesn’t have Bedliner? Every truck I’ve owned has had bedliner. I’m sure that would help tremendously.

I think the bodies are just fine. Rubbing a hole from vibration and moving, sure sucks, but it can happen. A steel tank full of fuel is heavy.

BK39

Reaction score
..........Trust me I wish it wasn't so. My truck has 115k on it and I'm ready for a new one, but I can't stomach the idea that the body is so delicate.

I have a good feeling our new WORK trucks will be Cab and Chassis, and we'll buy steel beds to put on them. After I installed my 5th wheel set up on my 17 and noticed that the bed liner is thicker than the aluminum..........I don't see these beds holding up to much abuse.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.