Up pipe gaskets

tony013

Reaction score
What is the easiest way to replace up pipe donuts no 2000 f350 7.3 cclb 4x4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MossBack

Reaction score
Pull the turbo, spray with PB blaster the day before every bolt you can see... Personally i would spend the $125 for bellowed up pipes that can be bought off of amazon and get rid of the crappy design because they will leak again. They are really easy if you have to pull the transmission for any reason. But they can be done in a couple hours by pulling the turbo.

Flounder_Pounder

Reaction score
No "easy" way. Try and unbolt the top and bottom bolts remove and reinstall (easier said then then done) . I'd go back with Dorman or International improved up-pipes and be done with the issue.

The Brad

Reaction score
New donuts may not seal. Usually the up pipes have some wear from expanding and contracting in the donuts. Ask me how I know...

I wouldn’t waste my time with new donuts vs. bellowed pipes, just to have to go back in and do it again.

As far as removal, just unbolt from the manifolds and yank the pipes down out of the baby’s butt. With worn pipes/donuts, they should come out fairly easy. Then just unbolt the down pipe and pedestal bolts to get the turbo out.

Last edited:

freddie

Reaction score
Pull the turbo, spray with PB blaster the day before every bolt you can see... Personally i would spend the $125 for bellowed up pipes that can be bought off of amazon and get rid of the crappy design because they will leak again. They are really easy if you have to pull the transmission for any reason. But they can be done in a couple hours by pulling the turbo.

No "easy" way. Try and unbolt the top and bottom bolts remove and reinstall (easier said then then done) . I'd go back with Dorman or International improved up-pipes and be done with the issue.
What's the most economical set of "decent" up-pipes? My dad puts maybe 2000 miles a year on his truck, towing the boat to the lake. And he's a cheap ass. But the truck has 290k and I'm sure it needs them. Plan is to refresh it a little this winter - would like to do up-pipes, injectors, and HPOP as a start.

freddie

Reaction score
Thanks guys. You guys have a PN or link? I'm seeing $200 sets.

Are they bellowed or no?

EDIT to add... this is for an OBS.

The Brad

Reaction score
Sorry, $99 is for 99-03. Looks more like $159 for OBS and not bellowed.

Turbocharger Up Pipe Kit 1994-1997 Ford Powerstroke 7.3 Diesel 7.3L https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WW922WJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_FR08zb918NK0N

$231 for bellowed pipes.

APDTY 116879 Turbocharger Up-Pipe Kit Includes Cast Iron Y-Pipe Collector & Gaskets Fits 1994-1997 Ford Trucks w/7.3L Diesel Engine (Replaces F4TZ-6K854-A F4TZ-6K854-D F6TZ6-K854-A 1824434C1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CUQOTQM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_2U08zb30KY242

Last edited:

Dave_Nevada

Reaction score
I have an early 99 7.3. During my rebuild of my ZF6, one of the things I did was to replace the leaking up-pipes with the stainless bellowed pipes from R*ff R*ff. Yep, they are expensive for my truck. I swallowed hard on the price. But let me tell you something, they went in easy, the workmanship is second to none, and I won't have to replace them again EVER for donuts. You have to factor in how many times do you want to do this lousy job and what that effort actually costs in downtime, labor and buying of multiple other sets. I looked at IH, wrong answer. In my opinion, IH pipes really aren't a better solution and at 800+ dollars, I think they need to get off the crack pipe. They're exhaust pipes for crying out loud, not gold teeth.

Latest posts

Members online