Multiple Catastrophic Failure week old truck

cbrown

Reaction score
I totally get that.. but what would fail
Its being welded by a professional?
Just asking. Cause i cant afford up pipes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my eyes, it's just another point that is susceptible to a failure, and just not a good option when there are multiple vendors selling proven products. And in my honest opinion, that sounds like a hack job, instead of building the complete uppipe. Just keep in mind, a shop will be pulling either the cab or transmission to replace them later. They can be done cab on but most shops likely do one of the aforementioned ways.
But they also may last you forever. Just something to think about.

sootie

Reaction score
OEM ones crack all the time which are manufactured under strict quality control fwiw

Roccafellas

Reaction score
OEM ones crack all the time which are manufactured under strict quality control fwiw

I agree.. well I'm gunna build em for now
Im doing all my engine work and pulled it out
So if i gotta change them, ill do it

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Question for you guys.. upon discussion with this guy about his new injectors, scheduled a trip to go get them. But out of curiosity i asked the make, he said International, I did some research just now just to make sure they would work if there from a maxxforce 7... sure enough I found what I think is a problem. Man it's a good thing I haven't paid for them, already dealing with one guy whos unresponsive for my refund.
Problem is that upon reading it says 2010 and up maxxforce's have different injectors... well.. on the info card on the box it says 2010..... so maybe buddies selling them so cheap because he knows they wont work and is a scammer? You guys tell me, i'm going to post the info car, tried a search of the part numbers to find nothing..
are these the wrong or right injectors?
2b584a56bad9d692361a1801d9638573.png
4691a674658ad8059286aae5bbac02de.jpg

7c012a0c17ef02934e2f014b7eabc35a.png

webb06

Reaction score
Look like 6.4 injectors to me. If that's what's actually in the box.

Roccafellas

Reaction score
So I just got back from the machine shop everything going smoothly so far lol. Knock on wood! The blocks painted Crank and pistons basically the short block is put together I just brought the upper and lower lower oil pan. I was standing there looking and noticed that they took the high-pressure fuel pump out and I was wondering to look at the wires so I grab the actual harness that sits underneath the cover and I looked at it and as I'm talking to the guys telling them that you know sometimes these wires chafe cause problems sure enough I look at the wires and they're both chafed I mean bit right through down to bare metal they both looked at it and were shocked so I'm wondering if maybe that caused a problem what are the odds though the guy that I bought to use Block from gave me an updated harness with the loom on the wires so we're going to use that but just as I was telling them I look and I see that it chafed the wire I wonder if that could've been the problem!

Roccafellas

Reaction score
20dc56bdc2e05e6105b839621a635a6f.jpg

If this is the case,
I woulda replaced the fuel system for nothing...... obviously not nothing but I mean there would of been less worry!
If the same thing happened.
Should I also wrap them in electrical tape too? Over the loom for added protection?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Great job. I know it feels good to get a truck back on the road!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Roccafellas

Reaction score
I just had a chance to read the whole thread. Nice job. Are you driving it full time yet?

No I am waiting on a hood latch and rad support when they stole my rads they also took that. I also have a leak I think thats coming from the rear main. So I gotta fix that too. But it runs well.

Thanks man. I just posted in your thread. And this is the small thread. Hop on the .org and see the real thread lol

08 6.4 for $4000 Please help!
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...g/forum/showthread.php?t=1236649&share_type=t