TDI questions

Reaction score
David you want a ALH engine model. The ALH's were the 12v cummins of the tdi world basically. Let me know if I can help you with anything regarding the go fast goodies.

golfer

Reaction score
Dave~

I'll shoot you an email with a good contact for TDi conversion Q's...

mhop

Reaction score
The ALH is more like a 24Valve Cummins actually. They have a Injection pump just like the VP44s that came on the 24valves. I would not say its like a 12 valve at all....

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
ALH is about the best... Any newer and you have cam wear issues...

The cam wear issues aren't hateful and the new parts used to replace the original parts seem to hold up better due to changes in the material and heat treat process. I've been a victim of PD motor cam wear - it was an easy swap to get a new cam in and I can't say that I feel any differently about the car once I found out it needed a cam. Think of it like a 6.0 - the guys that buy them today know that they need to have an EGR delete, studs, and their fingers crossed - if you buy a PD motor you might have to replace the cam - and then your good for another 50-150K miles before you might have to do it again.

TurboM700

Reaction score
The CR's didnt come out intill I belive 08 and they have had there fear share of issues. Not to mention the intergration of a CR motor into something besides VW maybe be very diffcult.

Like others have said a ALH from 99-03 are the best and very easy to mod.

mattman347

Reaction score
AHU all the way!! :D What power are you looking for in the sammy? The ALH engine has by far the most "bolt on" after market support.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Is the 4BT completely out of the question?? I know it's BIG especially for a Samauri, but still...

:evil

imelmo

Reaction score
Someone on CompD (Brad Morse I think) was selling a Samauri that had an RX-7 rotary engine in it. Apparently it's a pretty common swap. I could see why with how light and small those engines are while still making a good bit of power.

jdc753

Reaction score
Check out ACME adapters for the swap, http://www.acmeadapters.com/index.php

Little while back I was looking at putting a TDI into an older Toyota truck and seems these were the "Destroked" of the TDI swap world, they have kits for the Toyota's and for the Sami's, seems like its a pretty common swap into the Samauri's too

Latest posts

Members online