TCM issues with H&S

jacobhasty

Reaction score
I have a 2010 4X4 6.4 f250 that i purchased with egr/*** ****** and ******* tunes on it but did not receive the actual tuner. I was told the ******* was stuck on the TCU so I took it to the local ford dealership to have the new TCU installed and have it flashed but they did not have any luck. A week later i went back and they installed a new ECU and downloaded my H&S and the ECU accepted it. When they installed the H&S the truck would go in reverse but did not have any forward gears so they swapped the TCU back to the original one and it would go in drive and reverse. At this point the truck is running but has a bunch of DTC's and when i try to install the H&S i still get an unknown part # error. When i go to the setup screen my ECU p/n is 8U7A-14C204-HCC and the TCM p/n says *******TRANS02. At this point do i replace the TCM again and try downloading? And if so does it matter exactly which part number TCM i get?

Thank you,
Jacob

sootie

Reaction score
Your fricked because it has a spartun tuner on it. Try and return to stock on your mini maxx so you dont have a locked tuner (unless it shows the tune status as "not Installed" under the show settings menu, which is what you want). Then replace the TCM with a new ford unit. Reinstall the H&S. Dont worry about the unknown part number, if it says that-pm me and i can walk you through.

jacobhasty

Reaction score
It does say not installed on the setup screen. I ordered a used tcm from another 2010 truck last night but will it be a direct swap or something the ford place will have to reflash?

Latest posts

Members online