Door locks

Reaction score
Just recently my truck has been constantly unlocking itself.

Happens with the truck off, idling, driving, you name it it's been unlocking itself. I can't lock my truck now anywhere.

I switched keys thinking it might've been a low battery on my key but it's still doing it.

Anyone have any ideas what to look at on how to fix it? It driving me absolutely craY driving and having my doors constantly unlocking.

03_PSD

Reaction score
Our company truck has been doing this, 2011 with factory alarm. Interested in finding a solution.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Any of you have dome lights staying on, door ajar messages, etc? Maybe something with a hood switch? Sounds almost like it wont let it lock the keys in or something.

Reaction score
Dome lights aren't on and no messages on dash or on edge. I unhooked both batteries today and let it sit for 15-20 min and that didn't help anything.

my wife drive my truck an hour today to come pick me up after dropping my semi off at the shop and she said it didn't do it ONCE the entire time she wa driving. She said the doors locked as soon as she got on the interstate and stayed locked until I sat down in the seat and backed out of the parking spot.

I want to rip my steering wheel off when I'm going down the road and all 4 doors unlock 30 times in a row in 30 seconds.

There has to be something going on.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Just quickly rannthrough the pinpoint tests for auto lock and auto unlock not working correctly. Check for codes, if you have something that can pull them. Looking specifically for speed related codes, prndl, door circuitry codes. Check for water intrusion in the bcm connectors. Bcm is behind the rh kick panel. Both pinpoint tests end with a bcm. Bcms are fairly common to fail, but i would check those few things before shot gunning one in. They have to be programmed to the vehicle.

Also, you arent using any memory settings by any chance are you? Something where the auto lock/unlock may not be programmed properly?

Reaction score
Just quickly rannthrough the pinpoint tests for auto lock and auto unlock not working correctly. Check for codes, if you have something that can pull them. Looking specifically for speed related codes, prndl, door circuitry codes. Check for water intrusion in the bcm connectors. Bcm is behind the rh kick panel. Both pinpoint tests end with a bcm. Bcms are fairly common to fail, but i would check those few things before shot gunning one in. They have to be programmed to the vehicle.

Also, you arent using any memory settings by any chance are you? Something where the auto lock/unlock may not be programmed properly?

No not using any memory settings. I'll check the bcm when I get s chance today. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online