EBP sensor part number

rrchlin

Reaction score
Hey does anyone know about EBPs for OBS trucks? I see they're all listed at $80-$100 while the 97-03 7.3s are listed at $15. The sensors look identical.

Even the $80-100 ones look cheap and I don't really trust they're any different. Anyone have any info on these or if you just ordered a 97-03 one or what?

I haven't unplugged it yet.. will test it out like that tomorrow. Right now I'm getting 19psi boost and an awkward shift at 4-5 with the sensor plugged in and a cap on the exhaust manifold.

I read that they adjust fueling and effect shift points

so ya just wondering what everyone else was running

Last edited:

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I believe a custom tune on your chip will ****** fool your computer to not be affected by the EBP sensor.

rrchlin

Reaction score
Thanks Rusty. I forget to check RiffRaff sometimes for regular parts like that.
They are my favorite and very quick (coolest name too for sure) but I ended up getting one from Motorcraft on Amazon for $92 w/ one-day shipping. I'm a little impatient.

I'm not so sure about my TS6 w/ canned tunes effecting my EBP sensor.. I unplugged it and although it is raining.. the truck got super sketchy. I don't have the greatest tires either right now but I had no traction problems a few days ago in the rain.

I tried to build a little boost at a stop sign and immediately lit em up. A few minutes later I had my rear end kick out by punching on it at a 10-20 roll. Again.. not so great tires and in the rain but also the shifting changed up a little.

I still could only manage 18-19 psi but it seemed to get up there a little easier. Would of tested further but I'll wait until it dries up first.

Also I just read about a 2:1 back pressure to boost ratio. Like if I had 19psi of boost, I'll have 38psi of backpressure. If more or less (forget which one).. then there's a boost leak.

Also I may actually be reading my boost incorrectly. I'm monitoring it off the Torque app but I edited one of the PIDS.. maybe even the BPS readings that originally sat at 15psi atmospheric pressure. I could def be wrong since I don't even have a tube hooked up and now unplugged and still reading "boost" but I don't know.
Definitely ought to pick up the real boost guage my buddy offered to trade me.

Optimator82

Reaction score
Also I may actually be reading my boost incorrectly. I'm monitoring it off the Torque app but I edited one of the PIDS.. maybe even the BPS readings that originally sat at 15psi atmospheric pressure. I could def be wrong since I don't even have a tube hooked up and now unplugged and still reading "boost" but I don't know.
Definitely ought to pick up the real boost guage my buddy offered to trade me.

The PCM reads boost from the MAP sensor so having your EBP tube and sensor unhooked will not affect the boost reading your PCM is seeing and relaying to your Torque App.

rrchlin

Reaction score
The PCM reads boost from the MAP sensor so having your EBP tube and sensor unhooked will not affect the boost reading your PCM is seeing and relaying to your Torque App.

Yeah I kind of figured. I quickly double checked after hoping maybe my guage is wrong and I'm getting all the boost. But I don't think so yet.

Still a huuge difference in plugged in vs unplugged. My sensor might actually be good but I cut the tube when removing my old manifolds and it hasn't been quick in months.. so still trying to get it all back. Even with no boost gains, this was a massive improvement. It feels like its getting more fuel.

Its not as loud on acceleration. Feels like its working easier. It will hold a gear a little longer. And not safe to run WOT around town anymore. It hits 70 too quickly and too smoothly.

I'm very happy to have finally paid any attention to this. Hoping to see more improvements with a new Motorcraft sensor and a new tube.

RiffRaffDiesels site says it adjust fuel tables and I definitely believe that. Having unplugged might be fine but having a plugged in bad sensor/clogged tube doesn't sound good.

rrchlin

Reaction score
Just an update. I have the new sensor and tube in. Also had to pick up the manifold to tube adapter from a Ford fleet truck shop since the original was scrapped with the old manifolds (i chopped em up a little.. shouldn't of done it that in hindsight)

I think its better than just unplugged but not much noticeable improvement as unplugging a bad sensor. The awkward shift is not as bad but it is still there. Aside from a drop in boost on that shift, it's absolutely smooth when getting on it.

I think the truck might be back to as good as when I bought it a year and a half ago.

Still hunting the low boost. 21psi is the new high but took 80mph to get it. May be the doorman manifolds I installed w/ gaskets leaking. I think I see soot around the ports .I gave the block a quick white engine enamel paintjob when I did the manifolds. This helps a lot.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.