Leveling for 08 F450

mohead1

Reaction score
I want to lift front of truck 1.5", want to know if i will need radius arm adjustable bushings and/or adjustable track bar.....i assume that small of a lift/leveling wont affect suspension geometry that much. Also, can this truck run the front link kits (like a 4.link)....its 4x4 w CC and long bed. 4wd is only used when pulling something thru marginal traction areas. Mostly a tow vehicle. Maybe stock radius arms are.stout enough? Dropped pitman arm?

Appreciate the input

Last edited:

Betarocker

Reaction score
You should do an alignment after raising. Chances are the caster will need to be adjusted. 5 degrees works really well to mitigate death wobble and effects from driving on less than perfect roads. Adjustable tracbar will get the axle centered. No need for drop pitman. Might need longer shocks if you god on rougher terrain to gain some down travel. While the stock radius arms work, they limit suspension flex due to the bushing at the frame pivot. Since your truck isn't planned to go into terrain where maximum flex would be ideal, going to One Up Offroad radius arms won't be required, though the caster adjustment will be easier. Parallel 4 link arms will contribute to brake dive due to the location of the Instant Center of 2 parallel axis lines. The types of 4 (actually 5 link because a tracbar is need) link bars to replace the radius arms are for show and share no performance gain to a triangulated 4 link system used in fully built offroad buggies and trucks.

griz700rocket

Reaction score
Basically what he said. You don't have to do caster adjustment but it's a really good idea if you lift at all. Anything under 2in I wouldn't worry about changing your tracbar unless the factory needs replacing anyway.

Latest posts

Members online