Red diamond diesel

slc6oh

Reaction score
So my junkyard trans and converter i think are well on the way out after about a year of use.. looking into my best "bang for buck" trans , keep getting drawn back to the red diamond diesel superstreet trans... 5direct clutches, dpc converter, 4140 carbon pressure plates, claimed to be cool to 650 hp for 3800$ ... trucks my daily driver again..the dozen or less times a year i tow its fairly heavy up steep canyons usually for at least a portion of the trip...

Anyone have any personal experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debono98

Reaction score
Awesome experience with mine. I blew it up doing a 4x4 launch lol. I bought a stage 2. No issues until I put close to 1000whp to it. Then it let go. Dave is awesome and always does and is working with me on getting it fixed. He's been crazy busy lately but definitely worth it.

slc6oh

Reaction score
Awesome experience with mine. I blew it up doing a 4x4 launch lol. I bought a stage 2. No issues until I put close to 1000whp to it. Then it let go. Dave is awesome and always does and is working with me on getting it fixed. He's been crazy busy lately but definitely worth it.

What kind of power were you making when the first one let go?

Debono98

Reaction score
What kind of power were you making when the first one let go?

My stock trans let go with a KC stage 2 and stock sticks. I beat on my truck like no tomorrow. Then I got the stage 2. It's good for 800hp. Dave said it woulda held if I didn't 4x4 launch it. But I couldn't resist lol. Heard good things about twisted as well.

sootie

Reaction score
My stock trans let go with a KC stage 2 and stock sticks. I beat on my truck like no tomorrow. Then I got the stage 2. It's good for 800hp. Dave said it woulda held if I didn't 4x4 launch it. But I couldn't resist lol. Heard good things about twisted as well.

What's done to your truck to make 1k hp?

And what broke on the launch? A shaft? Burnt clutches? Low/reverse hub?

slc6oh

Reaction score

Ohhhh i mis understood that as you blew up a stage 1 rdd trans before going to stage 2

Jsexton

Reaction score
RED DIAMOND ALL THE WAY.... DAVID JUST DID MINE STAGE 2.5 GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE GREAT PRODUCT. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED..
WHEN I WAS SEARCHING FOR A TRANS I CALLED EVERY ONE WHO IS KNOWN HE TOOK THE TIME ON THE PHONE TO REALLY GO THROUGH EXPLAIN OPTIONS AND WHAT WILL WORK FOR MY TRUCK.
ALSO NOW AFTER IT HAS BEEN INSTALLED HE STILLS ANSWERS THE PHONE AND TEXT TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS. TO ME THAT'S WORTH EVERYTHING.

slc6oh

Reaction score
Well.... idk if my little 3-5 flair i was seeing was to do with learning the new tune i switched too but it quit shifting funny, changed the trans oil just because over the weekend and all seems well... maybe im just fine for right now after all.

cRaZy8

Reaction score
Im in the same position.
Been running the S362SXE and 175/30s for almost 2 yrs.
Dont really beat on the truck.
Just a lot of towing and daily driving.
Im pushing 140k miles total.
50k with bigger injectors and turbos.
I change my oil and filters every year regardless of miles.

I am leaning towards the Red Diamond as well.

StrokedOutSingleCab

Reaction score
Personally just bought a RDD Stage 2 for my truck as well. I'm S400 Single on the bottle so it should be a good match for the truck. I'll do a review once I get it back and have some miles on t after breakin.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
My stocker let go and I got with David to replace it. Did a stg2, was fine, had a solenoid(I think, it was something hella cheap) acting up, delayed engagements. He decided to send me a new trans and cover install to find out the issue. He's been incredibly helpful. He's busy but I recommend him 100%

Latest posts

Members online