364.5 Arrived

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I don't think it is. It is sold with a 1.15 ar exhaust housing and I've never heard any negatives about this model of the Bell turbos. Spool up is good even on the ZF trucks.

So it's a sxe with a 1.15 housing?

The Bell BASB and FSSB (version we carry) have a .91 exhaust housing. Only the Bell HFSB (T4i) has a 1.15 housing. Just want to clear that up.

ja_cain

Reaction score
The Bell BASB and FSSB (version we carry) have a .91 exhaust housing. Only the Bell HFSB (T4i) has a 1.15 housing. Just want to clear that up.

You are right. Not real sure where I came up with the 1.15. Thanks for the correction!

Swaan

Reaction score
Ah ha!!!!
The myth has been debunked.!

I always thought they had a smaller A/R then 1.15. Just didn't know for sure

When I had my ball lasb pius had ground all the numbers off the housing. Top secret squirrel ya know.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Hey Justin, what are the differences between an FSSB and a BASB? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I've done my best to beat mine up pretty good. It takes it. And it actually seems to prefer to work. I swear EVERYTHING on the truck works better while towing.

OP: did you get everything back together ? How's the truck running ? Or are you out on some back roads still doing smokey burnouts??

Reaction score
I've been seeing cummins goofs bad mouthing them and several other people chiming in saying the same about failures. If I had to guess they're probably running an uber-small turbine housing and throwing off the boost/back pressure ratio? I don't know how else you could make these turbos perform for a small amount of time. Aside from N2O. I thought the sxe line up was pretty tough

TMCCOY

Reaction score
Yes, the truck is back on the road. The most obvious difference is how much quieter it is vs the 38R. Boost comes in sooner and more quickly as well. I haven't been able to drive it much so no full throttle antics our towing yet. I'll follow up when I have more seat time. Overall very happy with it.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Yes, the truck is back on the road. The most obvious difference is how much quieter it is vs the 38R. Boost comes in sooner and more quickly as well. I haven't been able to drive it much so no full throttle antics our towing yet. I'll follow up when I have more seat time. Overall very happy with it.

Good deal, glad to hear it. You're basically reporting what everyone else has seen. Its amazing how quiet they are, isnt it?!

Swaan

Reaction score

As much as it seems better now just driving it around, wait till you tow heavy. It will blow your mind how much better it is. It loves to work hard and once you get some heat into it then it really shines.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Ah ha!!!!
The myth has been debunked.!

I always thought they had a smaller A/R then 1.15. Just didn't know for sure

When I had my ball lasb pius had ground all the numbers off the housing. Top secret squirrel ya know.

Yes, always been that way. The smallest housing that Bell can do for a T4i turbo is a 1.15 (according to Pius).

Hey Justin, what are the differences between an FSSB and a BASB? Thanks!

Same turbo, dimensionally. Pius builds the BASB for Irate and the FSSB for us.

What Cain said^ and... Is there now a growing concern with the sxe line up and their dependability or should it just be ignored?

We haven't seen any problems at all with the SXE line. Regardless of size (364.5, 366, and 369). They have proven themselves to be a very good and reliable turbo.

My BASB had 1.10 stamped in the turbine housing, plain as day

During my last conversation with Pius, he explained that the BASB and FSSB both had the same housing. I know the FSSB has a .91. Maybe things have changed a bit or a different housing was requested for your application.

Reaction score
Yes, always been that way. The smallest housing that Bell can do for a T4i turbo is a 1.15 (according to Pius).

Same turbo, dimensionally. Pius builds the BASB for Irate and the FSSB for us.

We haven't seen any problems at all with the SXE line. Regardless of size (364.5, 366, and 369). They have proven themselves to be a very good and reliable turbo.

During my last conversation with Pius, he explained that the BASB and FSSB both had the same housing. I know the FSSB has a .91. Maybe things have changed a bit or a different housing was requested for your application.
I certainly didn't request a particular housing, but I believe Billy also had the 1.10, it spooled fast though

TMCCOY

Reaction score
A little update. Turbo is awesome. The most notable differences are:

QUIET-The truck is so much more enjoyable to drive and tolerable for the family. You can hear yourself think now instead of dealing with the howl of the 38r that started at 2psi. It is interesting it uses no wastegate and yet, snapping the throttle shut, there is no noticeable sound from this as was with the 38R. Very cool.

BOOST-come in sooner and more quickly. I switched to a Hewitt mechanical boost gauge which is far more sensitive and accurate than the ISSPRO with electrical converter so, what I see is the boost is very responsive to the throttle. It comes in much quicker and the needle moves very steadily. With the 38R, the needle would vibrate quite a bit over 20psi. With this SXE, I'm hitting 30psi very easy and the needle is steady. Haven't full throttled the truck yet as I'm still getting used to it and haven't driven that much.

DRIVEABILITY- with the improved boost, I've noticed driving is smoother and power is more linear.

Haven't towed yet, but all I hear is great things and that this turbo loves to work and performs best doing so.

ja_cain

Reaction score
A little update. Turbo is awesome. The most notable differences are:

QUIET-The truck is so much more enjoyable to drive and tolerable for the family. You can hear yourself think now instead of dealing with the howl of the 38r that started at 2psi. It is interesting it uses no wastegate and yet, snapping the throttle shut, there is no noticeable sound from this as was with the 38R. Very cool.

BOOST-come in sooner and more quickly. I switched to a Hewitt mechanical boost gauge which is far more sensitive and accurate than the ISSPRO with electrical converter so, what I see is the boost is very responsive to the throttle. It comes in much quicker and the needle moves very steadily. With the 38R, the needle would vibrate quite a bit over 20psi. With this SXE, I'm hitting 30psi very easy and the needle is steady. Haven't full throttled the truck yet as I'm still getting used to it and haven't driven that much.

DRIVEABILITY- with the improved boost, I've noticed driving is smoother and power is more linear.

Haven't towed yet, but all I hear is great things and that this turbo loves to work and performs best doing so.
Thanks for the update! The dual bb reverse rotation KC version should be unbelievable. Please post your injectors and transmission type so that we can see it in the Tappacrap post. Also, I cant wait to see how she does when towing. You plan on installing the speed sensor? If KC could implement something like this it would be nice for nerds like me. :)

ja_cain

Reaction score
Just looked at TMCCOY's profile. 175/80s, t500 and an auto.

Latest posts

Members online