Headlights, what can I do?

jaynick1

Reaction score
Got a pretty good deal on some custom built headlights. Always a catch though. Received them and they were definitely not as described. Insides of the lenses are scratched and hazy. Small dots are appearing as well. The rear of the driver side was "sealed" with hot glue. One of the led wiring leads was cut (its an led concepts colormorph so I would have to get a replacement to fit their controller wiring). And on top of that, he did not even include the main controller and wiring.

I was never told the condition was anything other than they are in great shape and work perfectly. Well with what he shipped, they will not function as advertised. Get what you pay for I guess.

Also he is not responding to any of my messages. Are my only options here a paypal claim? Really don't want to have to pay for return shipping.

Attachments

• 0813172127.jpg
    0813172127.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 162
  • 0813172131.jpg
    0813172131.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 165
  • 0813172132.jpg
    0813172132.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 163
  • 0814170004.jpg
    0814170004.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 139

dapherdoo2

Reaction score
Got a pretty good deal on some custom built headlights. Always a catch though. Received them and they were definitely not as described. Insides of the lenses are scratched and hazy. Small dots are appearing as well. The rear of the driver side was "sealed" with hot glue. One of the led wiring leads was cut (its an led concepts colormorph so I would have to get a replacement to fit their controller wiring). And on top of that, he did not even include the main controller and wiring.

I was never told the condition was anything other than they are in great shape and work perfectly. Well with what he shipped, they will not function as advertised. Get what you pay for I guess.

Also he is not responding to any of my messages. Are my only options here a paypal claim? Really don't want to have to pay for return shipping.
Via Paypal or Ebay? Both? Did he give you an invoice with a description? Paypal's return policy isn't as liberal as Ebay's but they may initiate a return. I would definitely check into it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

jaynick1

Reaction score
Just via paypal for goods and services. I have messages saying there were no issues. Bought them from someone on a facebook for sale group.

sootie

Reaction score
Start a claim with PayPal......I bet they will ask you to return the product if the seller won't help you out. Once you have tracking that the parts were returned, you should get your money back. Be honest and as detailed as possible on the claim, with lots of supporting photos. Save any text conversation or screenshots of the ad.

jaynick1

Reaction score
Claims they were professionally built. I have extra lenses I can put on there but not until I finish moving. Then its time and effort. I filed a claim, hopefully he makes it right. I would even keep them if he offered a partial refund, just due to the parts and time to make them right.

redneck1

Reaction score
I follow retro customz on Insta, they post crap like this a lot. They fix a lot of this kind of stuff..

PayPal claim should get your money back, but I think you have to wait 30 days for PayPal to get a hold of the seller and give them some time to respond..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online